• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

403 posts in this topic

Classics Illustrated 3, HRN 2, first print

Earliest first print I've ever found
Unfortunately, the silverfish have been at the spine here and there, especially the lower inch and above the upper staple. 
Still flat and tight, and this one is a rerun from a previous thread, so bargain pricing,

Yours for $40

NiPV6vr.jpg

Well! I seem to have gotten rid of the autocorrect, things should move forward a little faster.

Two Gun Kid 28

Big ol' diagonal creases FC, some general wear. Still flat, tight, glossy, offwhite pages,

Asking $25

X1ESmWJ.jpg

Legends of Daniel Boone 2
Listed as Scarce in O'street. 

Flat and tight, good gloss, offwhite pages. Just a touch of general wear.

Asking $60 SOLD!

Yk9XExU.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Weird Terror 13

Tiny split/tear upper spine, some creasing along spine FC, some general wear. 
Oh, and that white spot RH edge FC is SUPPOSED to be there, that's NOT a piece out of the cover, lol

A solid copy for $175

0mR1EYw.jpg

Kathy 19

Chip off lower RH FC, 1" split lower spine, bit of general wear.  Tight, good gloss, cream - offwhite pages

Asking $20  SOLD!

UwISP6y.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Archie Annual 2

So, this came out of the same stash as the Betty Annual with the missing pages, so I went through it extra carefully, 
it matches up perfectly with the Grnd Comics Database. Nevertheless,  I think it's been repaired. 
There are old tape stains along the spine on the back cover,   with no obvious reason they should be there, the book
is flat, square and tight. To me this implies that the cover was reattached, and maybe some work was done along
the spine strip to boot. I'm calling an audible, Glue Repairs On Spine.  With that being said, it's the nicest copy I 
ever managed to get my hands on, tight with white pages, bit of gloss left. Small tear RH edge FC

Asking $175

5iTJUMY.jpg

Bunny 16

Talk about your tough titles. I've been chasing this one, along with Tippy Teen, for decades now. They don't come up very often, 
and seldom indeed in grade. Finally upgraded this one, this is my undercopy. Nothing horrible except the big 
dogears lower RH FC, tight, good gloss, bone white pages. 

Asking $15  SOLD!

mrVUDT5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Crackajack Funnies nn, 1937 giveaway

Listed this one before, dropping the price. Take a look at the scans, the lower inch of the book is a hot mess, 
but the rest of it is durned nice. Doesn't someone need a nice filler at a bargain price?
O'street lists it at about $100 in G, snap this one up while you can

Asking $30  SOLD!

k7Uealy.jpg

ekwkZB1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Tales of Suspense 61
Early SA Cap, early Mandarin appearance.

Flat, clean, glossy,  tight spine and CF, white pages. Borderline gemmy, :D 

Asking $50  SOLD!

YCUAArK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Dark Mysteries 17

Spine taped along the entire interior, rubbing and creasing FC, general wear. Some chipping on edges inside, 
tight with cream - offwhite pages.  I have yet to see a nice copy of this one in hand, although I'm sure they're out
there somewhere. Qute the skeleton cover, eh? :D 

Asking $200, don't care if I sell this one or not.

Bsoxmk6.jpg

Katzenjammer Kids 25
Odd little Harvey title that ran a few issues in the 1950's

This one has a weird little flaw. The  leading edge of the centerfold is up out of the book, the staples are offset
into the back cover, and the CF is creased at the staples, not at the spine. Sticks out of the book a bit. 
You could prob'ly fix it in three minutes with a hot iron, I didn't bother. 
Bit of general wear, that overambitious centerfold, otherwis tight and glossy, white pages

Asking $15

KZ933Ph.jpg

Detective Comics 190, Batman's origin retold

Good amount of general wear, tiny corner nearly detached lower RH FC.
Flat and tight, clean, practically no gloss left but offwhite pages.
This is one of those 50's DC oddballs with 40 interior pages, this time split 20 front half, 20 back half. 
I've seen them split 24/16 too. 

Asking $150

oTu51Ru.jpg

The Kid From Dodge City 2 
Haven't seen this title much before.
Large dogears upper LH BC, small light water lower LH BC, general wear. Flat and tight, offwhite - white pages
Asking $20  SOLD!

hsWQn2P.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Pep Comics 60

Old tape inside FC at tears upper RH FC, see scan.
Otherwise couple light stains, minor general wear. Flat and tight, bit of gloss left, white pages
Katy Keene begins in this title, last Black Hood

Asking $160

7cD2gQA.jpg