• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

403 posts in this topic

All American Western 119

Coverless complete 
Split lower spine with tear going into back page, which features a full page ad for Mystery In Space #1
Otherwise tight. 

Asking $5

EiH0zOd.jpg

My Great Love #1, Fox, 1949

Missing two centerfolds. Otherwise decent enough with a couple chips out spine, small split upper spine, tearat upper staple
What's left is tight, bit of gloss, white pages

Asking $5 SOLD!

NSeovXD.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Well, that was quite a run of Bitter Disappointments, let's have a small gem as a palate cleanser.

Strange Tales 11

Gotta love a skull cover,  right?

Pretty sharp at first glance, but tears at both staples, quarter inch split lower spine, couple other tiny tears and chips along spine
Cover still attached at both staples...to the back side of the tear. Some other minor general wear,  some soiling BC
Interior is sharp, tight with white pages

Asking $300, SOLD! per PM!

M1lngW5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Four Color 1308, Tales of The Wizard of OZ

Coverless complete,  tiny splits upper and lower spine, couple light spots of soiling lower page 1

Asking $5 for an oddball

SUhEmfI.jpg

Archie Annual 4

Solid looking book at first inspection, but try as I might I couldn't get the page count to come out right.
Finally went through page by page with the Grand Comics Database, and there is a five page Betty story
with the last four pages missing. Either a couple leaves got left out in production, or the book has fallen apart
at one time or another, two leaves were lost, and the whole thing was rebuilt.  I kind of lean toward rebuilt. 

Regardless, looks solid, great reading. 

Asking $10  SOLD!

GZ68G9l.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 9/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, catrick339 said:

Archie Annual 4

Solid looking book at first inspection, but try as I might I couldn't get the page count to come out right.
Finally went through page by page with the Grand Comics Database, and there is a five page Betty story
with the last four pages missing. Either a couple leaves got left out in production, or the book has fallen apart
at one time or another, two leaves were lost, and the whole thing was rebuilt.  I kind of lean toward rebuilt. 

Regardless, looks solid, great reading. 

Asking $10

GZ68G9l.jpg

Take

Tales of the Unexpected 47

Coverless complete, tiny splits upper and lower spine otherwise sharp

Asking $5 SOLD!

ks5H3mb.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Well, you can't call this one a gem, but...semiprecious stone, maybe?

Comic Cavalcade 4

Eighty eight interior pages, which struck me as odd, but it lines up perfectly with the Grand Comics Database, so I'm calling
it complete. Check the scans, there are corners and other small pieces missing both FC and BC, and old tape and glue inside
the FC.  A perfectly nice lowgrade reader copy, for the bargainminded GA collector

Yours for $150  SOLD!

sHdxff1.jpg

DILJHOB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 9/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, catrick339 said:

Well, you can't call this one a gem, but...semiprecious stone, maybe?

Comic Cavalcde 4

Eighty eight interior pages, which struck me as odd, but it lines up perfectly with the Grand Comics Database, so I'm calling
it complete. Check the scans, there are corners and other small pieces missing both FC and BC, and old tape and glue inside
the FC.  A perfectly nice lowgrade reader copy, for the bargainminded GA collector

Yours for $150

sHdxff1.jpg

DILJHOB.jpg

Take it

Action Comics 51

Coverless, centerfold out.

Outer fold is a little rough along the spine BC, with some small pieces out, but nothing that touches the art. Light soiling FC and BC, 
all stories complete except The Three Aces.

Asking $20  SOLD!

4EnzMAN.jpg

Edited by catrick339