• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentication

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I hope you all are doing well,

I have just got my hands on "The Killing Joke" signed by both Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy along with "I am Batman!" written by Conroy, this is the first comic I ever got that was signed (I have been searching for it for a long time) it already has the yellow banner graded at 9.6, my question is: is that banner as good as C.O.A. because I was wondering to have it PSA certified, what do you all think?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this

The Killing Joke.png

Edited by DaiAlShoja3

Congratulations on getting the Signature Series comic book. The signings were witness by a CGC employee and was in their possession from time of signing until encapsulation. No need to get any further authentication. Please post a picture of the book so that we can see what you have and confirm.

PS.... Yes, way better than a COA

PSS...  https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

Edited by jokiing

Better than psa

but certainly you can get it checked by psa if you want

On 9/22/2022 at 4:23 AM, jokiing said:

Congratulations on getting the Signature Series comic book. The signings were witness by a CGC employee and was in their possession from time of signing until encapsulation. No need to get any further authentication. Please post a picture of the book so that we can see what you have and confirm.

PS.... Yes, way better than a COA

PSS...  https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

Just edited my post to include the front cover page of the comic 

On 9/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, DaiAlShoja3 said:

Hello,

I hope you all are doing well,

I have just got my hands on "The Killing Joke" signed by both Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy along with "I am Batman!" written by Conroy, this is the first comic I ever got that was signed (I have been searching for it for a long time) it already has the yellow banner graded at 9.6, my question is: is that banner as good as C.O.A. because I was wondering to have it PSA certified, what do you all think?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this

I'm sure, to most people that collect CGC Signature Series comics, the SS process is infinitely better than a COA.

I have no idea why you would get PSA involved in this? Your comic was already witnessed to be signed by the highest 'authority' in comic book grading.

Interesting, would PSA even be able to grade an encapsulated book? You don't want to remove the book from the plastic case as that would negate the Yellow Label. 

Keep it as is and know that a Yellow Label CGC Sig Series is pretty much the best COA you can have.