• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #92 Remainder Cooy
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm sort of new to collecting (im only now finally afford to begin a collection of silver age Batman/Detective Comics first appearance comics) and I recently found a Batman #92 remainder copy at my LCS.

I was wondering of anyone could tell me if it's worth sending in to be graded or worth anything at all in this format.

I wanted it for the appearance of Ace so I'm happy with the purchase , but I can't help but wonder if I paid too much for what it is. I just bought this last weekend for $75.

16639512177303229430218961290086.jpg

Personally I do not have my books graded so it all depends on your collecting goals which may change over time, me, I was only interested in completing runs, condition was usually not an issue for me, just remember that having a book graded does not provide any greater protection than the book being placed in a Mylite with an Acid Free Board, slabbed and raw books both need to be stored in the same proper conditions, controlled environment (cold/hot/humidity), away from sources of heat, moisture, UV light.

I have 10 Remainder Copies in my 2000 book collection and I have always collected on a budget. Remainder Copies are a less expensive way to obtain otherwise unaffordable issues or to help fill a hole in a run while still being able to afford more books, the story is complete, only the top 1/4-1/3 of the cover is missing. Personally I would rather go to a Show or LCS and walk away with 10 Well Loved (low grade readers) copies as opposed to one high grade copy, however, I grew up in the 60's when comic books were "just comic books", they were meant to be read and they were "inexpensive, disposable" entertainment.

How remaindered copies are graded is totally unfair (IMO) since they usually receive a grade of .01-.03 regardless of the overall condition of the book while a book in FR 1.0 can have numerous serious defects including...(From Heritage Auctions Grading Standards) "Books in this condition generally have all pages and most of the covers, although there may be up to 1/4 of the front cover missing or no back cover, but not both".

Avengers-7-PR-05-Remainder-Copy.jpg

Amazing-Adult-Fantasy-7-PR-0-5-Remainder

Tales-Of-Suspense-27-PR0-5.jpg

X-Men-2-PR-0-5-Remainder-Copy.jpg