• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Resub Question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have a question. I have this copy of lethal protector 1 which has been 8 signed times and would LOVE to add Todd’s signature to it. 

I was reading CGC’s damage disclaimer you get before submitting and noticed something about color lift/ink smearing from previous signings 

has anybody ever had that happen? And how often are grades being lowered? I haven’t resubmitted a book before, let alone a previously signed one and would appreciate any helpful advice. 

I’m not really worried about the black signatures as they’re done in black sharpie, I’m unsure if the signatures done in silver are paint pen… never really used them before 

the last signature on the book was 3 years ago if that is any helpful information 

8A21EAAE-6197-404D-B93C-0D48A0EB2633.jpeg

59B524B9-4C9E-4CDF-A767-4A4854129871.jpeg

Edited by Comics563
Added pic

I think it's rare but worth a disclaimer. If your new, new, then know not to crack the slab yourself and leave it to cgc, or it will lose its yellow label. For sure! @Comics563

I'm not sure how the disclaimer reads, but color lift from sigs prob wouldn't cause lower grades, other factors when cracking a slab might. Is or imo

Not to be a downer, but I’d be amazed if that book could run the current CGC gauntlet & come back safely with a Todd sig and maintain the grade. Even if you dodge the colour lift bullet when they remove the book from the inner well for the signing, you have to then run the current gorilla grip challenge in the QC room.  If it survives all that unscathed, then you just have to hope they get the SS label correct on their first try....

:wishluck:

463A899F-39C0-4769-A4E1-A1CB8FBB0A21.gif.81847d24f2cad50c439a56ec972094b9.gif

On 9/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought the same, that's why I'm double guessing a free to me CGC ASM #301 9.6, if I should send it or not?

I'm likely to spend $170 to have all that I want for the 1 sig, but the McFarlane vids on social the last time he did this, it does not give confidence. He was kind of rough in handling, specifically with a #301, that he then commented in the video, "this is an example of the signing, oh no worries this wouldn't have been 9.8!"

Ah C'mon, I'd be ticked, but then there IS fomo! older gen label, and the what if it came back 9.8 :( 

lol @Comics563 Don't let it bother you, it is made up in volume lol well, these QC errors usually get corrected on CGC dime and the reason it can seem like a lot is because it is more than usual. With the amount that cgc does for encapsulation, now compared to a couple of years ago, it is in overdrive. They've done fixes and have sorted through a bunch actively, yet it can take time to build back trust and confidence. SO it's not all tears, those fomo's are true and can be successful. lol 

I didn't want to seem over the top. The color lift isn't as major a concern as other factors, but CGC will do their best, It can be a nail biter. Try the signature forum, where there are case poppers for resubmitting constantly.

To that point, I've heard not near as many complaints there! Especially with color lift! Although it is something to be wary of, the Lethal protector also is a "foil" of sorts and idk how well the ink applies to it :cheers: but it ain't all bad?

On 9/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Not to be a downer, but I’d be amazed if that book could run the current CGC gauntlet & come back safely with a Todd sig and maintain the grade. Even if you dodge the colour lift bullet when they remove the book from the inner well for the signing, you have to then run the current gorilla grip challenge in the QC room.  If it survives all that unscathed, then you just have to hope they get the SS label correct on their first try....

I've got the new label all prepped and ready to go.

LP 1.jpeg

On 9/24/2022 at 7:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It is painful how accurate this is.