• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! HARDCOVER NOW AVAILABLE! Pre-Order Your Copy of ‘The Official CGC Guide to Grading.
10 10

230 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, newshane said:

I got my copy. I am very impressed, initially. I haven't really dug my teeth into it, but it's beyond Overstreet on Sterioids. Lots of great information. It's kind of written to bring a noob up to total speed, so a lot of the book will be old news for folks with experience, but it is a very nice guide. 

My only complaints are that some of the pictures seem a little dark, especially the section on page quality. I would have also liked to have seen at least 2 or 3 examples of each grade instead of one. 

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Hopefully I won't have to edit this post. I'll be able to peruse it during the holidays. 

I just need to stress that there is also a lot of great information for people who are more experienced. It's also great for noobs. Sorry if that wasn't clearly expressed. 

Okay. This book really is a must have. My favorite part was the chapter cataloging and illustrating the various types of flaws and how they impact grades. If you’re serious about collecting, you should run out and buy one ASAP. It’s tied with the Gerber books as the finest reference available for comics. I definitely recommend adding this book to your collection. Well done! :applause: