• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk #216
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am new to this site.  I was looking through my collection, and am thinking of submitting some issues for grading.  The Hulk #116 is typical of the condition of many of my books from back when I was a kid.

Thanks in advance for letting me know your thoughts.  Regarding the warping on the back cover, would that benefit significantly from pressing?  I've never had a book pressed, and jut learned about the process by reading here over the last few days.  This issue was stored, properly I thought, in a comic bag with backing board for the last ~45 years, standing vertically.  I'm a bit surprised at the warping.

Best Regards,

Wahoo88

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

4.0/4.5ish pressed. The back cover is beyond where pressing will make huge improvements IMO, but it would make it look better. If comics are in this condition, they would need to be high-value books to be a good investment. According to GoCollect, FMV for this book in 9.6 is $50, which is just about the cost of grading/pressing/shipping. 

Thank you, scburdet and Foggy Nelson.  

scburdet: I've been away from the hobby for a long time.  I did not know about the GoCollect site.  It looks like a good resource.  Thanks for pointing me there.

I am going to post some of my better books to PGM for feedback.

-Wahoo88

Warping around the top portion of the back looks like some kind of mild moisture damage.  If so, it should clean/press nicely as long as there isn't any staining...including interior pages.

Welcome to the boards!!! :cheers: