• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scan of Hulk 181 in 9.9

34 posts in this topic

I know how you people just LOVE Hulk 181 threads, but I must say Ive never seen a large scan of this book front or back. I just want to see what the big deal is all about. If anyone has it can you post it? Thanks

AWSOME BOOK....cant get much better then that grade or book for HQ investment from that era.

I think a strong 9.6 with better QP & White Pages would be a better investment.

It would indeed. That 9.8 has a slight mis-wrap and is miscut. Both are only minor, but when you get to these grade levels... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes when you get to these grade what you have to have printing perfection AND handling perfection?

Doesn't the 9.9 have a mis-wrap?

No, appears perfect QP wise from the FC but I didn't see the BC.

Ive seen a few small pics of the book and theres no mis-wrap. Nobody has a monster size scan of the book?

Not that I've seen...nor do I expect there to be anytime soon. No matter how perfect, the comic would be ruthlessly picked apart around here...

Jim

Is that the 9.9? Doesn't look like it's in a slab...

Jim

No, that's the first book I ever scanned and sold from my collection - straight from the tomato boxes. I more or less hadn't looked at my books in 30 years when I freaked out at what the Hulk 181 was fetching at the time. I sold this copy to a collector in Mill Valley in June 2002.

Although the scan of the top edge is cropped (that's how green I was) I believe it was a 9.6 or better. As far as I know he still has it raw.

I think I still have the mega scans . . .

-d

I know how you people just LOVE Hulk 181 threads, but I must say Ive never seen a large scan of this book front or back. I just want to see what the big deal is all about. If anyone has it can you post it? Thanks

Last years Overstreet had a picture of it on page 989.

Yours is quite nice actually. You did undergrade the GI JOE 21 in the other thread though....assuming theres no crease in the middle of the book. From the scans of the 181 you might have a solid 9.6. Too bad you dumped it. Christo_pull_hair.gif