• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 180
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I am new to CGC and could use any help you can give.  What grade do you think it is now?  What do you believe it would be after a clean a press?  Would you clean and press this copy, then have it graded? 

Cover.jpg

Back Cover.jpg

UL Corner FC Hulk 180.jpg

LL Corner Hulk 180.jpg

LR Corner FC Hulk 180.jpg

UR Corner FC Hulk 180.jpg

UL Corner BC Hulk 180.jpg

LL Corner BC Hulk 180.jpg

LR Corner BC Hulk 180.jpg

UR Corner BC Hulk 180.jpg

Marvel Value Stamp and Prior Page.jpg

3.0 as is; 3.5 with a proper C&P.  Those tears and color-breaking creases are permanent, those back cover discolorations are stains (which cannot be removed by non-restorative dry cleaning), and those interior pages are too dark to receive the benefit of the doubt with respect to condition grade.  Would I spend $50 to have it cleaned, pressed, and certified?  Maybe.  But would I spend $100?  Probably not (since Hulk #180 with its Marvel Value Stamp is a relatively easy sale in any condition).  One man's opinion, as always.  :foryou:

H180.jpg.8c1345b6ddccaba7f113cb3c9686e392.jpg

On 10/5/2022 at 3:44 PM, zzutak said:

3.0 as is; 3.5 with a proper C&P.  Those tears and color-breaking creases are permanent, those back cover discolorations are stains (which cannot be removed by non-restorative dry cleaning), and those interior pages are too dark to receive the benefit of the doubt with respect to condition grade.  Would I spend $50 to have it cleaned, pressed, and certified?  Maybe.  But would I spend $100?  Probably not (since Hulk #180 with its Marvel Value Stamp is a relatively easy sale in any condition).  One man's opinion, as always.  :foryou:

H180.jpg.8c1345b6ddccaba7f113cb3c9686e392.jpg

I saw the vertical crease too.  3.0 and 3.5 after C&P.  The worst case would be 2.5.