• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would win in a battle Spider-man or Wolverine?

Who would win in a battle?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle?

275 posts in this topic

Since I'm not sure who I would vote for I'll just post what my wife said when I mentioned 56% had voted for Spider-Man.

"Spider-Man! I step on spiders. These people obviously don't know what they are talking about. Wolverine has the super healing and that strong metal graphed to his bones. Spider-Man wouldn't be able to heal from the wounds." --Mrs. Yertle

Spider-Man wouldn't be able to heal from the wounds."

What wounds?

Wolverine would be out before he laid a glove on Spidey, his Spider-Sense and Spider-Speed would take car of that.

Wolverine would be out before he laid a glove on Spidey, his Spider-Sense and Spider-Speed would take car of that.

Mrs. Yertle now believes the fight would end in a draw. She belives much like Bronty that Wolverine would only need to tag Spidey once and that is all it would take to end the battle.

Wolverine would only need to tag Spidey once and that is all it would take to end the battle.

The point is though, he wouldn't.

Basically Wolverine is just a normal guy when it comes to strength and speed. Spider-Man is a super-human.

Basically Wolverine is just a normal guy when it comes to strength and speed. Spider-Man is a super-human.

Too true!!! If I recall correctly, in Peter Parker #3 (first series), Spidey battles the (tremble) Lightmaster! shocked.gifshocked.gif Spidey is actually able to avoid the wrath of the Lightmaster as his spidey-sense allows him to dodge the rogue's light-speed assault!!!!

No way Wolvie can move at light speed! Spidey wins easily! tongue.gif

Chris

I just opened up Secret Wars 3 and checked it out and Joe Collector is dead right,Spider-man smacked wolverine like a rag doll and could have thrashed him like nothing

Dont get me wrong Wolverine Fans I like Wolverine a little better than Spidey but lets get real Spidey is so much more tougher than Wolverine that it really is hardly worth mentioning.

Quote by nightcrawler

He's Getting away

Quote By Wolverine

Were Lucky thats all he was trying to do! He really clobbered us

He made us look like fools--! Like Amatuers!

Later,

Davidking623

Thanks for the confirm David, and I wanted to thank everyone for keeping the "fun quotient" high, and staying mostly away from the pretentious jabber of some self-important comic book writers, such as:

"You know they're fictitious characters" who would "never fight in real life" and the winner would be decided "by whoever wrote the book".

Well Duh!

It's all in good fun, and congrats all around for not emulating Steven Grant or Brian M. Bendis!!! grin.gif

Someone create a SPECIFIC SCENARIO......

Well, I do see a SPECIFIC SCENARIO but the thust of this thread is the originator's which states simply who would win the battle and the most poignant and refreshing "My Son and I have a disagreement and we decided to put it on the board.". I LOVE the idea of "my son and I are disagreeing" about comic book characters. It is a wonderful thing.

Or am I missing something? confused.gif

And this actually points to an interesting slant. Spidey has been battling foes a lot longer than Wolvie has...and experience WILL tell!

In Marvel time, Spider-man's in his late 20's/early 30's. Wolverine is of indeterminate age isn't he? Didn't he show up in World War II with Captain America?

In Marvel time, Spider-man's in his late 20's/early 30's. Wolverine is of indeterminate age isn't he? Didn't he show up in World War II with Captain America?

I have no idea if olvie showed up in WWII (anyone???). My knowledge of both characters ends in the 80's. I was simply alluding, tongue in cheek, that Spidey was introduced in 1962 and Wolvie some 12 years later. Spidey's been around.

There's a stand-alone story in Uncanny X Men #268(?) where logan runs into Captain America in the WW2 era. It's a great issue. I have a copy somewhere, so I'll pull it out and check. I think Black Widow was in it as a baby?

>>I have no idea if olvie showed up in WWII (anyone???).

Wolvie's been everywhere and done everything, but the key is trying to understand which of these "adventures" is real (in Marvel speak) and which are "memory transplants (which Marvel uses regularly to retcon his past). grin.gif

Hey Dad (Davidking623) in Secret Wars 3 spidy ran like a coward insted of staying and fighting Wolverine's friends all he did was spray a little web in the eyes of Wolverine's friends knocked Wolverine down while he was in the air and ran away as fast as he could because he knew if he would stay and fight the X-Men he would loose. He did not "beat up" Wolverine only knocked him downcome on get real. Stop telling lies Dad (davidking623)

GO SEE X2 X-MEN UNITED ON MAY 2 cool.gif