• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MODERN/ IMPRESSIONIST RESULTS,...November 1 - CHRISTIES

120 posts in this topic

It's buying time for this stuff,and those that can afford to get it and sit on it,will make out like nobody's business.

Buying time was 5 years ago. gossip.gif

Buying time is still NOW but most people can't afford the nicer stuff so out of jealousy complain and moan. 5 Years ago was a great time to buy. But there are still LOTS of GREAT STEALS out there TODAY. headbang.gif

The Batman,Spider-man,X-Men movies may not prove to you right now that anybody is taking notice,but it is definitely going to help in the long run. Forever people outside of this community have looked at it as a whole nerd world. But as these movies are released,and get critical acclaim,it just brings more people and money to this hobby.Not only the movies,but alot of the current mainstream comics are so well written that people are coming to realise that comics aren't just for kids.

500K for Silver Age covers? I believe there are a few...AF15,FF1,ASM1,XMEN1. These characters are gods as KK stated. They are huge money making properties, and I know if I had unlimited funds,I would buy any of those pieces for 500K.And definitely 1 mil & up for GA stuff like Batman 1 Superman 1,etc...

10 years ago people thought $175K for Honus Wagner baseball card was ridiculous...now it's 1.5 Mil.

It's buying time for this stuff,and those that can afford to get it and sit on it,will make out like nobody's business.

It is sooooooooooo nice to see some signs of intelligence on these boards, after all this time. It amazes me how obstinate some of you guys are. Why I am the lone wolf on this subject amazes me? I guess from a CONTRARIAN it is a good thing that the MASSES of SHEEP do not see it my way. It just allows me more time to keep picking up nice covers at CHEAP prices. 50k for an ACtion cover below # 50 is OBVIOUS !!!!

It is sooooooooooo nice to see some signs of intelligence on these boards, after all this time. It amazes me how obstinate some of you guys are. Why I am the lone wolf on this subject amazes me? I guess from a CONTRARIAN it is a good thing that the MASSES of SHEEP do not see it my way. It just allows me more time to keep picking up nice covers at CHEAP prices. 50k for an ACtion cover below # 50 is OBVIOUS !!!!

Because no-one else on the boards is trying to talk up Original Art or their own collection, with a view to selling it for unsustainable prices. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Buying time was 5-10 years ago, without a doubt.

I'vve been buying since the 1970's. I stocked up in the 1980's. I've hoarded every example I can find in the 1990s. I am still buying now in 2005. So , please, don't tell me buying time was 5 years ago.

In 10 years, people are gonna look back and say, buying time was 10 years ago.

KK

THIS PROPHECY... I GUARANTEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because no-one else on the boards is trying to talk up Original Art or their own collection, with a view to selling it for unsustainable prices. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why can't you fellas just APPRECIATE that this OA stuff is AWESOME. I mean, do you guys even own any OA? If so, look at it !!! If you have a nice page, it will make you cry. I am serious. Some of this stuff is BEAUTIFUL.

I feel sad, that so many of you guys can't see the BEAUTY of this stuff.

Whats worse, you accuse me of simply pumping OA to unsustainable levels.

It is obvious that I SEE and LOVE this stuff more than you.

That is why Excalibur could only be drawn be the true KING

KK

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//995199-EXACLIBUR.jpg

995199-EXACLIBUR.jpg.c0022e95f04cf3430c70bc2c9934e9f9.jpg

And you've produced no evidence that you own one single piece of artwork....

For the sake of signal to noise, can we drop that part of the "get KK" movement? Flame him all you want for other things (he obviously provides a lot of ammunition), but unless he's proved not to be Brad Savage (and this is therefore all an elaborate double switch trolling ruse) he's got a significant collection.

I don't really care who he is. However, can you prove the he's Brad Savage and currently owns the cover to AF #15, Avengers #4, Captain America #1 like he's stated (several times) he does? If you can, let's hear it and I'll drop it.

So thats your glitch with me ??? Merely that I havent proved to YOUR SATISFACTION who I am ??? To such a degree that you'd let it go if you found I that I am a particular person with a particular collection. You ARE an arsehole PUNK.

KK

No, my "glitch" with you is that you are a fricking insufficiently_thoughtful_person and an arrogant arsehole. I've said several times that I don't care who you are or what art you have.

Rob just said to stop picking on you about who you are because he believes that you are Brad and that you do have a great art collection. I don't really care. I just responding to him to prove it. Is that plain enough for your little brain to actually grasp?

However, most of us love the art for what it is, not for what it's worth.

Well said, and that is exactly why so many people here have a problem with KK. It is not that the art is not appreciated (geez this is a comic book message board foreheadslap.gif), but that we are fed up with the constant monetary value comments and pimping of OA as an investment.

However, most of us love the art for what it is, not for what it's worth.

Well said, and that is exactly why so many people here have a problem with KK. It is not that the art is not appreciated (geez this is a comic book message board foreheadslap.gif), but that we are fed up with the constant monetary value comments and pimping of OA as an investment.

Name just one single time that I Pimped OA???

Hmmmmm....that's a good question. I can't help it. It is just too much fun to say:

KRAZYKAT IS A MAJOR OA PIMPER!!!!!!!!!

Nope, I CELEBRATE ALL MAJOR PIECES OF "VALUE"

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE... iT IS AMAZING

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20051115/113209679600.html

$690,000 WOW FOR BASICALLY...A PRINT???

See you even treat them like pieces. Pieces of what, pray tell?

Pieces of 893censored-thumb.gif, you OA PIMPER!!!!!!!

Man, I am having too much fun with this!!!!!

Oh, I yeah, I remember when those posters were going for $1,200 a pop for prime specimens.

Ok, I got you now.

Even still - the Casablanca's and Gone With the Wind's broke the $1,000 barrier a good 25-30 years ago also.

In fact it kind of seems that the poster and comics values have kind of criss-crossed on the very top items for several years now.

Maybe we'll soon have a comic sale in this area also.