• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 WAGs welcome
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2022 at 9:01 PM, mephistopheles said:

Total noob, but I would guess 8-8.5 with a clean and press. That color rub will keep it below 9. Wish I owned it tbh.

Think those dogears top right corner keep it at/below 8.0, but maybe not if a book looks amazing in hand.

I think that 'color rub' along spine might not be what we think it is - I thought the same thing when I first saw it, anyway. But I've since seen that same affliction on other books and there's a decent chance it's production/printed related defect. I was hoping a pro could give opinion.

Edited by grebal
assuming: we're talking about what looks like speckles along the spine (just inside the spine) at bottom left and upward from there

On 10/15/2022 at 7:53 PM, grebal said:

Think those dogears top right corner keep it at/below 8.0, but maybe not if a book looks amazing in hand.

I think that 'color rub' along spine might not be what we think it is - I thought the same thing when I first saw it, anyway. But I've since seen that same affliction on other books and there's a decent chance it's production/printed related defect. I was hoping a pro could give opinion.

If that is a printing defect then this book is 7.5+

It may C&P to a 7.5.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, grebal said:

Copies of IH181 have a lot of rub-like defects in this area of the cover.

Very nice copy. Thanks for posting.