• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Grade CGC BA / SA for sale - Oct 20 2022 edition
3 3

48 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2022 at 1:22 AM, VintageComics said:

Detective Comics #402 CGC 9.6 OWW - (very tough in grade, Adams cover, Man-Bat app)

Asking $3000 (shipping included)

Tect 402 CGC 9.6.jpg

Roy, gorgeous book! if I did not already have one in my set, well ...

On 10/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, mrlatko said:

Very tough in grade is an understatement!  @dover

:whatthe:

Dover got a raw pic of it texted to him before it went off for grading. :wink:

Mystic Comics #39 CGC 9.4 OW - (1955) (single highest graded) - Stunning copy!

Asking $2500 (shipping included) - not sure how to price this. There are no comparables. So if you're interested we can discuss it. 

***scans to be added***

Edited by VintageComics

Thrilling Comics #7 CGC 1.8 OWW (1940) - Classic Schomburg cover and one of my all time favorites. :cloud9:

Bought if from Al Stoltz many years ago and this has been my personal copy since.

An impossible book to find in any grade, there are only 7 universal copies on the census and 9 in total.

I kept this one because of how great it looked in a Mylar all these years. 

Asking $3500 (shipping included) - the price may be strong but good luck finding another. I have only seen maybe 3 copies ever in the many years I've wanted a copy. If it doesn't sell I have no problem with that. 

***scans to be added***

On 10/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, VintageComics said:

Thrilling Comics #7 CGC 1.8 OWW (1940) - Classic Schomburg cover and one of my all time favorites. :cloud9:

Bought if from Al Stoltz many years ago and this has been my personal copy since.

An impossible book to find in any grade, there are only 7 universal copies on the census and 9 in total.

I kept this one because of how great it looked in a Mylar all these years. 

Asking $3500 (shipping included) - the price may be strong but good luck finding another. I have only seen maybe 3 copies ever in the many years I've wanted a copy. If it doesn't sell I have no problem with that. 

***scans to be added***

claim pending no big chips out of the front cover

On 10/20/2022 at 11:55 AM, Kihei Collectibles said:

claim pending no big chips out of the front cover

I'll get you a scan (and also drop you a PM) but there are no large distracting pieces out. It is a well worn copy but with decent eye appeal because the main defect is a split spine all the way down. 

The entire reason I jumped on this book was because it looked really good in a Mylar. 

No problem if you want to pass afterward. Like I said, happy to keep it and am kinda sad you jumped on it. :cry:

On 10/20/2022 at 2:09 PM, musicmeta said:

Roy and his ever super lovely high grade books! 

I went a year without submitting a single book to CGC. Now the floodgates are opening. :devil:

------------------------

As an FYI, the scanner I use is junk. 

It makes dark books look pretty faded and I'm having a hard time getting colors to look like the original books. 

A great example is the Strange Tales book below. It looks terrible but in hand the book looks brand new with deep, dark colors. 

I'm going to be getting a new scanner. In the mean time, know that the books are bright with great colors in hand. 

I do choose the image option from CGC for all the books I slab, but they are so far behind that it sometimes take me weeks to receive the scans from CGC, so it's much quicker for me to scan them the scan really doesn't do the book justice. doh!

ST 119 CGC 9.4.jpg

Edited by VintageComics