• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Secret Wars #1
3 3

9 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, scburdet said:

6.0/6.5

Yeah.... This & 8 were comics I bought as a kid. Didn't even read them because the story didn't grab me. A friend just said I needed to.... 75 cents, wth.... As much as I can recall, they were always bagged.... maybe no boards back then.... I was a poor kid...

On 10/20/2022 at 2:02 PM, scburdet said:

My copies from childhood were pretty beat up b/c I read the spoon out of them. I purchased new ones later for collecting purposes.

That's what's so surprising. I have other comics I bought around the same time that I actually read that grade 8 and in the 9s.... Oh well, they were comics well lived....

I don't think CGC will go higher than 5.5 with a clean & press. They have been harsh with their late bronze and copper age grades. Still a great book and likely to go up in value if the rumors about the next big villain in the MCU are true.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:58 PM, Nilo2 said:

I don't think CGC will go higher than 5.5 with a clean & press. They have been harsh with their late bronze and copper age grades. Still a great book and likely to go up in value if the rumors about the next big villain in the MCU are true.

Yes, I don't; think clean and press significantly improve this to overcome the issues it has. I may just slab & keep.... unless value increases to a point sentiment goes out the window....