• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM My Captain Marvel Adventures 18!
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Well this should be a fun one.  I got this book here on these very boards 15 years ago or so, and I kinda forgot I had it!

It's so solid and nice...though it looks like at some point sine 1942 someone drew moustaches and beards in the guys on the cover, and someone has removed the ink (as well as some writing on the lower right side of the cover).

Wondering what the concensus on the grade would be with you guys!

ca1.jpeg

ca2.jpeg

ca3.jpeg

ca4.jpeg

ca5.jpeg

ca6.jpeg

On 10/21/2022 at 7:32 AM, ThothAmon said:

3.5. Not sure how the ink removal process is treated?

Same.  Technically it should grade higher actually, especially if this book could get a GA bump.  Trying to figure out the ink situation.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:07 PM, zzutak said:

Put me down for a Restored (Purple Label) Grade of Apparent 3.5 (C-3).  Quality = Poor; Quantity = Moderate.  :foryou:

I had considered a purple label as well though the unsightly scraping on a GA book like this hopefully would garner a blue label.  Another reason I posted this book here, to see what the other experts thought :)