• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #4
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Looks like the cover is still attached so I'd say 1.5 to 1.8. However... those red ink stains around the eyes are going to give you a restored grade..... Personally, I wouldn't send this in to be graded unless you don't mind a PLOD.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, Nilo2 said:

However... those red ink stains around the eyes are going to give you a restored grade..... Personally, I wouldn't send this in to be graded unless you don't mind a PLOD.

If the eyes were red, then I'd agree.  But not all color on a book would receive a restored label. I'm pretty sure red on black isn't considered as restoration in this case.  

On 10/23/2022 at 12:48 PM, FrontStands said:

If the eyes were red, then I'd agree.  But not all color on a book would receive a restored label. I'm pretty sure red on black isn't considered as restoration in this case.  

Not sure that I understand. Are you saying that the red ink is original? If you look at the inside front cover, you can see clear signs of bleed through from the ink/marker used on the eyes. To me this is a clear sign of color touch. Probably done by the kid who bought the book in period. In any case, I would think that CGC would consider that as restoration.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, Nilo2 said:

Not sure that I understand. Are you saying that the red ink is original? If you look at the inside front cover, you can see clear signs of bleed through from the ink/marker used on the eyes. To me this is a clear sign of color touch. Probably done by the kid who bought the book in period. In any case, I would think that CGC would consider that as restoration.

No, I'm not saying the red is original. I'm saying it wasn't placed there to help the appearance of the book. Names and random doodles aren't considered as restoration. If there was blue bleed through on the red background in most cases it wouldn't be restoration.  Just like red on black eyes in most cases wouldn't be restoration.

Edited by FrontStands

On 10/23/2022 at 8:26 PM, Meekrab said:

Wrong :makepoint:

Hey @Meekrab, why don't you weigh in with your own grade? I'd still be very curious to see how CGC would treat this book; assuming it doesn't sell of course...