• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 51
3 3

9 posts in this topic

This book would have been a fairly nice book with the exception of of a 2” tear on the front cover. Pages are brown and cover is acidic hence the long tear. Other than a couple of ticks, blunting on one end of spine, couple of other creases and chipping it’s fine…..  ha.                Inside has nothing missing. Let me know what you think. Thx!

IMG_3311-compressed.JPG

IMG_3312-compressed.JPG

IMG_3313-compressed.JPG

IMG_3314-compressed.JPG

IMG_3315-compressed.JPG

IMG_3316-compressed.JPG

IMG_3317-compressed.JPG

IMG_3318-compressed.JPG

IMG_3319-compressed.JPG

IMG_3320-compressed.JPG

IMG_3321-compressed.JPG

IMG_3322-compressed.JPG

Wow. This book still has really nice deep cover colors. Such a shame about that tear.... Also see some chipping along the bottom front cover and tanning to the inside pages. Is there any brittleness to the book?  That cover looks pretty stiff and it almost looks like the paper cracked around the cover tear. With the defects and the tanning I'm going to say 5.0 - 5.5 (as long as there is no brittleness).

On 10/24/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nilo2 said:

Wow. This book still has really nice deep cover colors. Such a shame about that tear.... Also see some chipping along the bottom front cover and tanning to the inside pages. Is there any brittleness to the book?  That cover looks pretty stiff and it almost looks like the paper cracked around the cover tear. With the defects and the tanning I'm going to say 5.0 - 5.5 (as long as there is no brittleness).

So it bends but the potential to have more damage is there. The acid has done its dirty work and has left the cover stiffer so brittleness is not far away.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, ComicSpa said:

So it bends but the potential to have more damage is there. The acid has done its dirty work and has left the cover stiffer so brittleness is not far away.

I'm sorry to hear it @ComicSpa. I think you should still have the book graded and slabbed. I would obviously avoid a clean & press though. The book has such great eye appeal, It will look great and be better protected in a slab. IMHO...