• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading rather than selling comics?

23 posts in this topic

Trading used to be cool when the internet wasn't around. Your buddy had a book you wanted, and you had a book he wanted - and there was no way for you to actually buy the book he had because you were limited to what was in-stock at your local LCS. Hell, that goes back to the 80's for me trading baseball cards. Before the days of Beckett. Before the days of Wizard, and for me, before the days I would have spent money on an Overstreet because I was a kid.

Yet another thing the internet has ruined. THANKS, AL GORE.

As kids, we used to trade comics all the time. They had no real monetary value but some were prized more than others. You might to have to trade a few Jimmy Olsens for a Spiderman. Was real hard to move Harvey’s or Archie’s though.

I was lucky. My parents had no problem with us reading comics. But some of my friends wern’t so lucky. They kept their box in my closet. So I had access to reading all of theirs.

In those days, comics cost 12 cents. “used” comics were a nickle at used book stores, flea markets and garage sales. Heck, we had a lot of them given to us for free when the neighborhood kids “out grew” them.