• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmit 5.0 comic after restoration?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a scarce Golden Age comic I am considering to resubmit if restoration is possible. The grading notes were:

Detached centerfold

Light cover tanning

Light soiling on cover

Moderate creasing to cover

Spine stress lines to cover

Is it possible to correct some or all of these issues and resubmit? Any restoration recommendations appreciated?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks. I don't recall seeing the detached centerfold before I sent it for grading-could it be it be professionally re attached correctly?  Also can the tanning and light cover soil be professionally cleaned?  I assume a quality pressing would correct the moderate creasing?

Your suggestions are appreciated!

On 10/27/2022 at 3:44 PM, spinnin4s said:

Thanks. I don't recall seeing the detached centerfold before I sent it for grading-could it be it be professionally re attached correctly?  Also can the tanning and light cover soil be professionally cleaned?  I assume a quality pressing would correct the moderate creasing?

Your suggestions are appreciated!

A picture really is worth a thousand words...  

Nothing in those notes screams anything that requires 'restoration' work but rather just 'conservation', and this really depends on the book and how it already looks (as 5.0 might be as good as it gets, so no sense doing any work).

Edited by Sauce Dog

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have attached photos of the book in question (WONDER COMICS #1) that received  a 5.0 grade because of the following issues shown below. Would it pay to correct some of the issues and resubmit for a possible higher grade? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Detached centerfold

Light cover tanning

Light soiling on cover

Moderate creasing to cover

Spine stress lines to cover

100_3855.JPG

100_3856.JPG