• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC still taking several days to open submissions?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/6/2022 at 8:43 AM, Bird said:

Is this your opinion or an official statement? What is the possible reason for 2 month TATs on MEs then? Why would it take longer to reholder a comic than to grade and reholder a more expensive comic? The only reason seems to be $, they are not prioritized due to not generating income. If not that, what is the reason for 2 month reholders?

This was not an official statement, and was just my opinion.  I'll contact upper management tomorrow and find out exactly why it is taking so long to log ME's into the system.  I see there is another thread about ME's that seems to be a different problem.  (not sure if it is or isn't)  I will find out about this as well.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, MadGenius said:

Is it safe to assume QC is not being adequately performed? TATs go down, but MEs go up?

by saying they have an unusually large number of ME submissions now, they deflect blame and make it seem like it is a submission issue instead of taking responsibility and saying that they are shipping out an unusually large number of mistakes

On 11/6/2022 at 8:50 AM, CGC Mike said:

This was not an official statement, and was just my opinion.  I'll contact upper management tomorrow and find out exactly why it is taking so long to log ME's into the system.  I see there is another thread about ME's that seems to be a different problem.  (not sure if it is or isn't)  I will find out about this as well.

:headbang:

When submitting a ME, we are instructed to write "ME" on the box so these can be prioritized. In practice, it does seem like the MEs are being willfully ignored in favor of "paying" submissions. This may or may not be actually true but that is certainly the perception right now.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

btw, I would like to apologize to everyone for stating my opinion on this, rather than contacting upper management about this current problem.  Sorry about that.  

You woke up in a good mood! :headbang:

It is contagious, sorry for being a bit rough on you lately. 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:39 AM, Bird said:

MEs should be done immediately upon receipt at CGC. The idea that an item not properly encapsulated has to go back into a queue is just bad service. TATs on ME should be no longer than walk through, the rest is just more fisting from the cgc customer disservice department.

Common sense. Unless $ is so important to you that it just doesn't matter that you make people wait while you fix your screwup.

Edited by Gaard

On 11/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, MadGenius said:

When submitting a ME, we are instructed to write "ME" on the box so these can be prioritized. In practice, it does seem like the MEs are being willfully ignored in favor of "paying" submissions. This may or may not be actually true but that is certainly the perception right now.

Also good to remember that those us submitting MEs are ALSO paying customers for CGC's other services. So good customer service goes a long way. :foryou:

Edited by MadGenius

On 11/6/2022 at 12:00 PM, MadGenius said:
On 11/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, MadGenius said:

Also good to remember that those us submitting MEs are ALSO paying customers for CGC's other services. So good customer service goes a long way. :foryou:

They're behind in everything.

Where Walk Through books used to take one day, in and out like an actual 'walk through' service should - maybe 2 - 3 days if they were busy, they don't even open Walk Through boxes for a couple of days now.

The world is truly broken and it's not getting fixed any time soon. 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:16 PM, VintageComics said:

Where Walk Through books used to take one day, in and out like an actual 'walk through' service should - maybe 2 - 3 days if they were busy, they don't even open Walk Through boxes for a couple of days now.

This is true BUT Mechanical Errors should not be delayed.
The turnaround times for every and all tiers are clearly stated.
Mechanical Errors are a result of many factors NONE of which are the customer's 'fault'.

Say for example -
You order a cake for someone from a bakery.
They are short staffed / busy, but you've agreed to a timeline.
Paid your fee in full in advance.
Cake arrives and it isn't correct.
Whether it be the wrong message (incorrect label verbiage) or contains ingredients that were not discussed (various foreign objects found within the well) how long would you 'wait' for the bakery to make things right?

A day or two?
Over two weeks?
Two months?

Edited by troy.division

On 11/6/2022 at 1:03 PM, troy.division said:

This is true BUT Mechanical Errors should not be delayed.

I don't disagree with you. In fact, fixing your own mistakes SHOULD be a priority in any customer service business.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, Ryan. said:

lol Slow CGC turnaround times are THE sign of the apocalypse. Let's not lose our heads now.

I didn't say that, dork. 

I said the world is broken, meaning NOTHING works the way it used to or the way it should work.

In the string of things that need to go right through the entire process in something as niche as certification, everything starting from shipping through the certification process and right back through shipping again is broken. The are a million reasons why - supply chain issues, rising costs, lack of good help to be found, nobody cares anymore - you name it and every step of the way there are problems. 

The certification business is just one example but it's everywhere. 

My comment wasn't specifically about CGC. It was about how the world is truly broken. 

Fixing a problem that the customer already paid for should be a business's first priority. Boxes marked ME should be at the front of the line, not delegated to the back. 

It certainly appears CGC is more interested in taking in more money and less about taking care of the mess's they create. I have no idea why some think society is responsible for this companies failures but anyone  here who continues to patronize them certainly knows what they are dealing with. 

Fixing a problem that the customer already paid for should be a business's first priority. Boxes marked ME should be at the front of the line, not delegated to the back. 

It certainly appears CGC is more interested in taking in more money and less about taking care of the mess's they create. I have no idea why some think society is responsible for this companies failures but anyone  here who continues to patronize them certainly knows what they are dealing with. 

• Administrator

This is the official response from CGC.

Our receiving is behind right now across the board, but Mechanical Errors will continue to be prioritized as we process orders. We plan to be caught up soon.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, MadGenius said:

I've had a Mechanical Error submission at CGC for over a week and it hasn't shown up on my account. Are they still taking days or weeks to open boxes? Want to get a sense if this is unusual before I give them a call.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Good luck on ME, I have subbed 2 times, even pointed out what needed to be fixed. Came back the same way

On 11/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, ramrodcar said:

fwiw I submitted an ME about two weeks ago, it showed up on the tracker on the 7th business day

On 11/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I sent an ME order that was delivered to CGC on Wed Oct 26th.  It still has not been scanned in by CGC, let alone received.  I sent them an e-mail inquiring about this today.  But it sounds like your experience is similar to mine.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:25 PM, circuitryusa said:

Same here... ME delivered October 17th 2022, opened and marked received 10/27 (~8 CGC business days)....

Guess we just need to be patient in some areas despite blazing speed on modern grading.(shrug)

On 11/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, MadGenius said:

FWIW -- Mine were received 10/24 and still haven't been entered.

I was under the impression that you write "ME" on the box so that they'd get opened right away. Must've been an incorrect assumption on my part. Maybe it's just to get them all in one pile?

BTW, the 2nd quote is disturbing, though not surprising.

On 11/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, Gaard said:

I was under the impression that you write "ME" on the box so that they'd get opened right away. Must've been an incorrect assumption on my part. Maybe it's just to get them all in one pile?

BTW, the 2nd quote is disturbing, though not surprising.

Thought the same thing with ME, I think I had to call on the 2nd re-sub to get things moving.

Book still looks the same, or even worse from movement.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fa3864886faf9f0096a56e8e8220011.jpeg