• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC still taking several days to open submissions?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 6:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hey guys 

Here is a statement from leadership regarding ME's:

Mechanical Errors are prioritized by CGC and pulled from shipping as soon as they arrive. As a reminder, customers should write “ME” on the sides of their box to expediate this process.

Mike unfortunately as of right now this isn't the case. 

Took 2 weeks for my M/E to be pulled after it was delivered. 

Like I said before this is not a big deal for me, but it does seem since September they have been a little behind in opening up mail.  Even my monthly "EX" boxes weren't being pulled and opened up within a reasonable time frame and I had to contact them.

Hopefully things will improve once the TMc books are all done.

Happy Holidays 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/2/2022 at 9:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

Mechanical Errors are prioritized by CGC and pulled from shipping as soon as they arrive.  As a reminder, customers should write “ME” on the sides of their box to expediate this process.

This is false.
It took 12 business days for my VERY clearly marked ME box to be received / scheduled for grading.
That is 71% longer than it took my most recent (not FT) modern submission to be received and shipped back to me.
This thread has illustrated that there are areas of improvement in CGC's process that need to be addressed.
(please see below)

September Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Received                          09/08
Scheduled for Grading     09/08

Credit Card Charged        09/09 (1 business day later / 1 business day total)
Grading / Quality Control 09/14 (3 business days later / 4 business days total)
Shipped                            09/19 (3 business days later / 7 business days total)

Paul Dini Signing Mechanical Error Submission

Shipped                        11/1
Delivered                      11/2 (1 business day later / 1 day total)
Scheduled for Grading 11/17 (11 business days later / 12 days total)

edit:
I must add the data point that it has been 9 additional business days (total 21 business days so far) since my item went into scheduled for grading.
A ME that was a result of CGC's error has now been there 200% longer than my last submission.
Multiple areas of opportunity at CGC.

Edited by troy.division

On 12/2/2022 at 8:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

Mechanical Errors are prioritized by CGC and pulled from shipping as soon as they arrive.

The problem I'm seeing is that while my Fast Tracks are getting turned around in 10 days... they're coming back with defects that are taking >40 days to fix on ME.

Movement...finally...

Paul Dini Signing Event Submission - LABEL ERROR
Delivered                      11/2 (1 business day later)
Scheduled for Grading 11/17 (11 business days later)
Grading / QC                1/4 (28 business days later / 40 business days so far)

On 1/4/2023 at 3:04 PM, troy.division said:

Movement...finally...

Paul Dini Signing Event Submission - LABEL ERROR
Delivered                      11/2 (1 business day later)
Scheduled for Grading 11/17 (11 business days later)
Grading / QC                1/4 (28 business days later / 40 business days so far)

My 11/16/22 Mechanical Error invoice stuck at Grading/QC for 2 weeks now.

TaT so far will be 2 months since I mailed them out.  Took 2/3 less time to get the books graded than fix the damaged CGC cases. 

I honestly don't care about these moderns that much, but these are the facts so far in the process. 

On 11/7/2022 at 5:02 PM, Pangolin said:

ME listed today in my submission.

Still waiting to get it back. I wrote to customers service today.

Since Troy.division received it last Friday, maybe I will get mine in the comings days.

Edited by Pangolin

On 11/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is the official response from CGC.

Our receiving is behind right now across the board, but Mechanical Errors will continue to be prioritized as we process orders. We plan to be caught up soon.

Today I shipped out my CGC exclusive Death of Superman 30th MECHINICAL ERROR due to the case issue they all appear to suffer from.
(see pic for overabundant labeling of 'ME'...in two different marker types)

I want to believe that CGC will prioritize this and I have a recent submission to judge it against.
It took only 4 days for my recent modern submission to go through the entire CGC cycle.

January Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Delivered                         1/18
Scheduled for Grading    1/19 (1 business day later)
Grading / Encapsulation 1/20 (1 business day later / 2 days total)
Quality Control                1/24 (2 business days later / 4 days total)
Shipped                           1/24 (0 business days later / 4 days total)

With this information, I am hoping to prove that CGC aren't prioritizing new income versus addressing their quality control errors...
Can / will their team correct 2 mechanical errors in the same time it took to grade and encapsulate 10 comics?
Only @mnelsonCGC can know for sure...

Untitled-1.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, Courageous Cat said:

I think the thing is that you folks overlook, is that CGC is a small mom and pop operation and they can only do so much with the small amount of resources that they have. 

Not sure this is true anymore. Didn't they recently get bought by a huge corporation with deep pockets? 

On 1/25/2023 at 4:58 PM, troy.division said:

Today I shipped out my CGC exclusive Death of Superman 30th MECHINICAL ERROR due to the case issue they all appear to suffer from.
(see pic for overabundant labeling of 'ME'...in two different marker types)

I want to believe that CGC will prioritize this and I have a recent submission to judge it against.
It took only 4 days for my recent modern submission to go through the entire CGC cycle.

January Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Delivered                         1/18
Scheduled for Grading    1/19 (1 business day later)
Grading / Encapsulation 1/20 (1 business day later / 2 days total)
Quality Control                1/24 (2 business days later / 4 days total)
Shipped                           1/24 (0 business days later / 4 days total)

With this information, I am hoping to prove that CGC aren't prioritizing new income versus addressing their quality control errors...
Can / will their team correct 2 mechanical errors in the same time it took to grade and encapsulate 10 comics?
Only @mnelsonCGC can know for sure...

Untitled-1.jpg

Well CGC failed to achieve the turnaround time with my Mechanical Error that it achieved with Modern Slow Boat submission.
The kicker?
Whilst being assured Mechanical Errors were a priority and that CGC does not prioritize paid submissions over MEs by @CGC Mike, it took CGC 5 business days to even mark my shipment as Scheduled for Grading after being delivered.
That's right, 1 business day more to even 'check in' my books than it took my entire previous submission to be received, completed, and shipped back to me!
How is this possible that Mechanical Errors are a 'priority', but are also not treated as such @mnelsonCGC ?

Edited by troy.division
missed a word

My last shipments arrived at CGC on Friday. The Modern shipment was opened and in the system on Monday, so one business day, and the Reholder submission was opened yesterday which works out to 3 business days. I am happy with that. 

• Administrator
On 2/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, troy.division said:

Well CGC failed to achieve the turnaround time with my Mechanical Error that it achieved with Modern Slow Boat submission.
The kicker?
Whilst being assured Mechanical Errors were a priority and that CGC does not prioritize paid submissions over MEs by @CGC Mike, it took CGC 5 business days to even mark my shipment as Scheduled for Grading after being delivered.
That's right, 1 business day more to even 'check in' my books than it took my entire previous submission to be received, completed, and shipped back to me!
How is this possible that Mechanical Errors are a 'priority', but are also not treated as such @mnelsonCGC ?

I am sorry to hear this.  I will be attending a Mechanical Error meeting during my next visit to CGC.  I will most likely speak and address customers concerns that I have seen posted here on the forum.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry to hear this.  I will be attending a Mechanical Error meeting during my next visit to CGC.  I will most likely speak and address customers concerns that I have seen posted here on the forum.

Hi Mike,

Is there going to be a meeting on Reholder TAT's?  I offer this submission to illustrate (today is 2/2/23):

image.thumb.png.46bb3607dc479ccd6f71008a4117d1c9.png

Thank you!

On 2/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

Mike, the problems are multiple but one solution seems relatively simple to alleviate a lot of pressure. 

There seems to be an increase in ME returns percentage wise in my experience .

The returns of those ME books back into receiving and grading are creating delays for all other paying customers. They are in effect multiplying CGC's work load unexpectedly.

I've actually had one book receive ME erros more than once, meaning the same book had to go back to CGC multiple times.

And this one book alone, going back to CGC for ME customer service is going to create an UNEXPECTED increase in receiving traffic / shipping room and grading / encapsulation. 

At a quick glance it seems that just increasing quality control standards BEFORE books leave the door and reducing returns will alleviate a lot of the pressure from returns, which in turn will alleviate pressure from the entire process for paying customers including receiving / grading / shipping process. 

This seems the logical place to focus efforts. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 2/2/2023 at 6:59 PM, VintageComics said:

Mike, the problems are multiple but one solution seems relatively simple to alleviate a lot of pressure. 

There seems to be an increase in ME returns percentage wise in my experience .

The returns of those ME books back into receiving and grading are creating delays for all other paying customers. They are in effect multiplying CGC's work load unexpectedly.

I've actually had one book receive ME erros more than once, meaning the same book had to go back to CGC multiple times.

And this one book alone, going back to CGC for ME customer service is going to create an UNEXPECTED increase in receiving traffic / shipping room and grading / encapsulation. 

At a quick glance it seems that just increasing quality control standards BEFORE books leave the door and reducing returns will alleviate a lot of the pressure from returns, which in turn will alleviate pressure from the entire process for paying customers including receiving / grading / shipping process. 

23C15C51-E428-42B7-BBF0-54760A20415E.gif.3728c9c2adaf992cf2a696b015b195b1.gif

• Administrator
On 2/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, workingdog said:

Hi Mike,

Is there going to be a meeting on Reholder TAT's?  I offer this submission to illustrate (today is 2/2/23):

image.thumb.png.46bb3607dc479ccd6f71008a4117d1c9.png

Thank you!

Not that I am aware of.  TAT's will improve when we have less books to reholder.  

On 2/2/2023 at 6:59 PM, VintageComics said:

I have been working on this for over a year now.