• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Record: How to send to CGC
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I'd keep it sealed, but that's just me. Opening it would just feel wrong.

Edit: Also if you do send it in I'd open it myself. They won't grade it with the record and I don't know if there is any guarantee they will send everything back.

Edited by Beyonder123

If the record is not physically attached to the book, the book can get a blue label without the record. And, indeed, it would not be slabbed with the record. Unattached items are never* slabbed with comics. I would unseal the product and remove the record before submitting; although CGC tries to send unattached material back, it isn't guaranteed, and it's more work for them. Which they obviously don't need...

EDIT: Also, if you're into such things, these books often, if not always, benefit from a press because of the record itself and the way they were shrink-wrapped.

* I'm sure there's some exception because CGC, but they aren't supposed to be.

Edited by Qalyar

On 11/2/2022 at 9:01 PM, Xenosmilus said:

On a whim I bought a sealed FF Power Record and am considering sending it in to get graded. The question is, do I unseal it?

I had the Spidey one done back in 07 or 08 and the book itself appeared to be 9.2-9.4, and it got a 6.5 from the damage that the record did to the book by sitting in the slotted page for 40+ years.  It also has discoloration (i believe it was ink transfer because of how much harder the book was pressing on itself where the record edges were) which will not get fixed by a press.  

So, the Sophie's choice is - open it to assess the damage at which point it is no longer sealed or send it in and take whatever you get.

My honest advice would be to find another book - but I get it - the heart wants what the heart wants.