• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware! The Claws of the Cat #5 Reassembled! Well, Mostly....
2 2

30 posts in this topic

Oh nothing.  I like educating people on comics and he definitely has a bigger platform, so it's all good.  Plus I don't own all the images and stuff, so anyone can recreate it.   Just like my Andru stuff.

Now a shout out wouldn't be a problem either, lol.😀

On 11/11/2022 at 7:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting ! 

I skimmed it, because I did own #1. Mostly the art really shows the change to me through the 70s. I'm not sure why it is so polarizing , and I dont think that I paid attention to the artists:

Cat is similar to hero for hire, but then you get the likes of moon knight and or firestorm and other 1974-76 bronze 1sts explosions. I've always wondered the reason for the "change" in art and writing. 

Even bronze spider woman has a similar art and vibe. I mention the art, but I mean the writing too. :)

Anyway, the "project" was fun, in that it can show the thought process to story boards. To think expounding on those, whew, I don't have the capacity Doh!

I'm not sure I've hit the tone of the thread either, so if a bunch of gibberish lol please ignore.

TLDR they'd hire you in the 70s @Spider-Variant^^

I own avengers 144, not sure if the "cat continued from "hell cat" or vice a versa" lol

That was a fun adventure though, to recap etc. I've owned the cat #1 as stated, and preadventure nothing came of it, but I just appreciated a golden age character patsy walker not being forgotten. 

Not sure where this thread was headed, but it reminds of of the 1st episode or so of Batman the animated series with "the claw" villain. That was at least the 1st episode I watched, and it's a dc version of a villain with a cat moniker.

So a lot of history between the years of fine women that are snarls without being caught foot in mouth, but are purrfect additions. It really comes down to the toughness and availability of the character arch when 1st read, imo, and the plausibility within the pages. 

A good personality was achieved with Walker,  that she hadn't been forgotten, but I often wonder that with writers. Some call it the "essence of a character ", but the past has a lot of not lost on me concepts, that could be used today. Just to find what fits and a definite personality within the plots of a bigger picture. Examples would be:

Some like to read attitude, sarcasm, Team building, character building, and much more with sub sections in between of, caution to the wind, well planned actions and others lol

I've always thought the Cat could step into all of the above, but there is not enough character building issues that I've actually read. In short. :butbutbutemoji:rantrant

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/6/2023 at 2:30 PM, Spider-Variant said:
On 5/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

What a coincidence!

Yes, it seems my stuff has a way of making it to other platforms.  I guess I should feel flattered. 

If it is less about the character and more Andrus involvement with recreating, rather than the reinvention of the character herself, you'd know better than I ^^

Lol I assumed it's just to finish the issue with individual pages collected or presumed "out there in availability!" 

And a bit of how would it have been finished by Andru, which is why I gave my opinions of writing to and the character. @Spider-Variant. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/4/2023 at 3:14 PM, Prince Namor said:

Wow! I'd have bought that issue!

You know with just reading a page here and there of Issue 5, it doesn't seem very coherent, but once you get most of the book back together, it does flow pretty nicely.  I have never read any issue of the Cat, but always liked Tigra.

On 7/31/2023 at 5:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I own avengers 144, not sure if the "cat continued from "hell cat" or vice a versa" lol

That was a fun adventure though, to recap etc. I've owned the cat #1 as stated, and preadventure nothing came of it, but I just appreciated a golden age character patsy walker not being forgotten. 

Not sure where this thread was headed, but it reminds of of the 1st episode or so of Batman the animated series with "the claw" villain. That was at least the 1st episode I watched, and it's a dc version of a villain with a cat moniker.

So a lot of history between the years of fine women that are snarls without being caught foot in mouth, but are purrfect additions. It really comes down to the toughness and availability of the character arch when 1st read, imo, and the plausibility within the pages. 

A good personality was achieved with Walker,  that she hadn't been forgotten, but I often wonder that with writers. Some call it the "essence of a character ", but the past has a lot of not lost on me concepts, that could be used today. Just to find what fits and a definite personality within the plots of a bigger picture. Examples would be:

Some like to read attitude, sarcasm, Team building, character building, and much more with sub sections in between of, caution to the wind, well planned actions and others lol

I've always thought the Cat could step into all of the above, but there is not enough character building issues that I've actually read. In short. :butbutbutemoji:rantrant

Hellcat (Avengers #144) came later. Patsy Walker finds the Cat costume in storage at Roxxon to become Hellcat. By then, I think, original Cat Greer Grant had become Tigra. I think Hellcat’s personality was pretty well fleshed out as you described its potential — in her years in the Defenders. That’s a forgotten run that’s a really fun read. I think for most people when they think of the Defenders they think of Dr Strange, Hulk, Namor, but the backbone of the title for a long time was Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat.