• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recent feebay market changes....

40 posts in this topic

As fun as that shrunkenhead thread is, I was wondering..... Has anyone else noticed that since the whole JE fiasco, there has been a paucity of high grade books for sale? I realize that they may have been artificially high grades, but it seems that the high grade market for batman silver and bronze has died... popcorn.gif

Actually, what pissed me off more than all the pressing etc. was the fact that JE was somehow "allowed" by cons and dealers to go thru early and cherry pick before the average collectors could even get in the doors. Except for Ted's booth,...( and metro which was to expensive for me) I found nothing at the chicago con.

Actually, what pissed me off more than all the pressing etc. was the fact that JE was somehow "allowed" by cons and dealers to go thru early and cherry pick before the average collectors could even get in the doors.

I hate the fact that dealers look at other dealer's stuff even before the con opened for the early session.

It's a bad time of year. Comic sales tend to slow around now and don't heat up until late January.

But, on the other hand, it's a good time to buy. thumbsup2.gif

hail.gif

It's a bad time of year. Comic sales tend to slow around now and don't heat up until late January.

hail.gif

acclaim.gif

gossip.gif You're STILL off my Christmas list. sumo.gif

hail.gif

acclaim.gif

gossip.gif You're STILL off my Christmas list. sumo.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, what pissed me off more than all the pressing etc. was the fact that JE was somehow "allowed" by cons and dealers to go thru early and cherry pick before the average collectors could even get in the doors.

I hate the fact that dealers look at other dealer's stuff even before the con opened for the early session.

When I set up, I really try to keep them away but fail miserably every single time. In Chicago, Harley Yee had put me wll into the black on Wednesday with the buying he did. At least I'm not offering discounts at that point, but I can see how it would peeve the convention going public. Harley probably already had customers for everything substantial he bought.

When I set up, I really try to keep them away but fail miserably every single time. In Chicago, Harley Yee had put me wll into the black on Wednesday with the buying he did. At least I'm not offering discounts at that point, but I can see how it would peeve the convention going public. Harley probably already had customers for everything substantial he bought.

It's the one thing keeping me from going to a con at this point. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll prob go to San Diego, but I'll go for the panels and the dinner.

It's the one thing keeping me from going to a con at this point.

It definitely keeps me away when you just know all the good stuff will be long gone before you even get inside.

And when you really think about it, do you want to pay nosebleed "Con Prices" for comics that every dealer in the room passed on?

As fun as that shrunkenhead thread is, I was wondering..... Has anyone else noticed that since the whole JE fiasco, there has been a paucity of high grade books for sale? I realize that they may have been artificially high grades, but it seems that the high grade market for batman silver and bronze has died... popcorn.gif

Exactly what I was predicting earlier...

With Jason out of the picture, what does everyone think is going to happen to the supply of slabbed, high grade silver/bronze age books on ebay? Comiclink and Pedigree will still have their share of nice books, but over the last few years, Jason Ewert provided the nicest selection of slabbed late silver and bronze age books available directly on ebay. In theory, there should still be that same flow of nice books that he cherry-picked out of dealer boxes and procured from newly acquired collections (Jason and Tom B were offered 1st-crack at many nice collections), but will they make it to ebay? (Not to mention that they'll "only" be 9.2's and 9.4's, no longer 9.4's and 9.6's!! )

The Don Rosa collection has filled in nicely from the perspective of DC's, and you still have large volume sellers like Showcase that offer nice early Silver Age Marvels (anyone see the 6.0 and 8.0 slabbed FF 12's that went for record ebay prices the other day!?!?), but I have to wonder if there's a pending drought of real gems in our future...

There's no question his absence from ebay has made a huge difference, and it'll be interesting to see who eventually picks up the slack, should it ever happen... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, other than the books from the Rosa collection and greggy's sweet, sweet 100-pagers, there have been very few of the tougher Bronze Age DC's offered on ebay in high grade recently. Perhaps that explains the top prices quality material continues to bring? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There is a very nice 'Tec 400 on Pedigree right now though! thumbsup2.gif