• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year by year collection graph

10 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2022 at 8:37 PM, Artboy99 said:

This is very fascinating, thanks for posting. Your data comes from your memory or do you have something more concrete?

The data is legit from a 12K book collection that I've logged over the years into comics price guide and have imported into CLZ. The events are from memory of course but they correlate to the ebbs and flows of my collecting habits. For instance, I did not collect anything from the end of 1980 - 1984. Any issues that from that era are all backfill over the years and are limited to a handful of key titles (ASM, FF, Hulk etc..). Other timeframes include the core books I collect plus anything else I was buying at the time.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:20 AM, Loading... said:

This is a very fascinating post indeed! It's quite fun to get a glimpse into someones life like this with the breakdown of how your collecting habits have changed throughout your life. Thanks for sharing!

Based on your location, we've likely bought from similar stores. Do you have a LCS in the area that you use? I remember there was a shop in Framingham near legal seafood that I used to frequent all the time. Of course Bedrock Comics too!

@universal soldierOh wow Bedrock Comics is the LCS I use the most. Hall of Comics is another good spot a little west of here. After moving outside of Boston it's nice to know there are some good shops around here to help fill this addiction haha. A new coworker was just talking about CLZ the other week and I had forgotten to look into it. If these are some of the fun visual extras included it might be worth checking out. The old excel spreadsheet gets a bit boring to look at.

On 11/16/2022 at 3:32 PM, Loading... said:

@universal soldierOh wow Bedrock Comics is the LCS I use the most. Hall of Comics is another good spot a little west of here. After moving outside of Boston it's nice to know there are some good shops around here to help fill this addiction haha. A new coworker was just talking about CLZ the other week and I had forgotten to look into it. If these are some of the fun visual extras included it might be worth checking out. The old excel spreadsheet gets a bit boring to look at.

Hall of Comics is my LCS :) I've known one of the owners (John) since college and he's the guy I reference in my post. I need to visit Bedrock soon, I've picked up some great books from Jack in the past. If you ever venture out Worcester way, That's Entertainment is a great stop with a boatload of back issues.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, universal soldier said:

3. College, the guy upstairs inroduces me to the George Perez run of New Teen Titans and I'm back in! (Aside: he is now the owner of my LCS).

On 11/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, universal soldier said:

Hall of Comics is my LCS :) I've known one of the owners (John) since college and he's the guy I reference in my post. I need to visit Bedrock soon, I've picked up some great books from Jack in the past. If you ever venture out Worcester way, That's Entertainment is a great stop with a boatload of back issues.

That's awesome, I was just in there this past Friday. I like the new location, it allows me to hit up yummy mummy and grab a treat for the wife haha.

Thanks for the tip about That's Entertainment, I will make sure to check them out next time I am out that way!