• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early silver asm and others without front cover.

7 posts in this topic

I have silver marvel asm 3, 4, 7 and others without front cover.  It's horrible I know! Any value at all? What should I do with them? No i won't give them away.. unless you come up with a good essay on why you should have them.  Haha

I also have platinum era comics naked and sad without covers. Just any info so I have an idea, is appreciated. 

I hope I'm not the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person asking this

20220715_054926.jpg

20220803_220044.jpg

1011211532.jpg

1011211538.jpg

IMG_20220413_005640.jpg

20220717_201040.jpg

Thanks for posting.  It's always a good to ask the experts when you're a newbie. 

There is definitely value to some coverless comics.  A coverless comic might sell for anywhere from 10% to 50% of a complete, well-worn comic, depending on how high demand it is.

The comics you have pictured are Superman Annual #4, Raggedy Ann and Andy #2, a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #7 (the comic is Marvel Tales #4), a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #6 (which most likely came from Marvel Tales #3), and Amazing Spider-man Annual #4.  As @Kneel Before Dox pointed out, the fact that it says "originally presented in" is your first clue to the fact that it's a reprint and not an original. 

It's unlikely these would sell for a lot without covers.  If you want to be sure, offer them on eBay and see how high the auction goes.

Edited by SOTIcollector

I've had fun with comics like this by creating and printing my own covers. By that I mean finding the correct cover images and copying them into word and resizing etc. A lot of real keys have repro covers available which are worth considering too if you had a coverless key. Helps improve your resto skills if you're that way inclined.

Edited by LowGradeBronze