• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YouTube video about MyComicShop and ComicLink
9 9

237 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, fishbone said:

And let's be frank, I think it's likely that some are complaining about the timing of reporting a sale because they feel it might cause them to miss out on a buying or selling opportunity affecting their own personal interests.

^^^^^^^^^

this is getting truer & truer on these Boards every day

When buying a book....whose interests should I be pursuing?hm

On 11/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

hm

Why do you pay money to subscribe to GPA?

I obviously pay to track sales to make money from them but I don't rely on GPA to teach me how to make money, which is what some might be intending to glean from it. 

I use GPA as a general guide not as an instruction manual on what to buy, when to buy and when to sell. 

For those things, I spend a lot of time and effort reading, listening, learning and watching markets and things related to markets.  

I am realizing through this discussion that some may be using it as a flipping tool.

I'm not a 'flipper' so it didn't cross my mind. 

As a potential flipper, I can understand the exception people are having, but I think a better question is how outraged should I be for a service I pay $10 a month for?

People pay more for coffee each day than they pay for this service that is likely 99% accurate and that helps them maximize their investments on hobbies that cost them $1000's or even millions. 

That's why I keep saying I feel the outrage is disproportionate.

Some in the discussion have lost sight of how much benefit we're getting for literally next to nothing in cost.

On 11/25/2022 at 5:23 PM, DougC said:

I cannot image that MCS is withholding payment from sellers as purchasers are making payments.

There are several comic dealers and auctioneers that pay consigners once their consignments are paid for, not when a sale is initiated.

I think this needs to be emphasized. 

There are not many people who are nicer or more helpful than George from GPA or Conan from MCS in my experience.

I genuinely believe they are two of the best people involved in this hobby and that is why I myself took such exception to what was being discussed in the way I did.  

Nobody is perfect but they generally go above and beyond to be helpful and I feel that is worth noting. 

That a few people could throw people who are to my knowledge beyond reproach under a bus so easily is very disheartening and those are the acts people should be outraged about. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/25/2022 at 2:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Please start pouring on your elitist condescension :cloud9:

I don't think anybody in here does that.  

We all appreciate you taking a break from your skateboarding to participate.  However, we're trying to have an adult conversation in here, and it involves things that are quite a bit above your pay grade.

So, what do you own, sonnyboy?

On 11/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, VintageComics said:

I think this needs to be emphasized. 

There are not many people who are nicer or more helpful than George from GPA or Conan from MCS in my experience.

I genuinely believe they are two of the best people involved in this hobby and that is why I myself took such exception to what was being discussed in the way I did.  

Nobody is perfect but they generally go above and beyond to be helpful and I feel that is worth noting. 

That a few people could throw people who are to my knowledge beyond reproach under a bus so easily is very disheartening and those are the acts people should be outraged about. 

Why not just address members directly in your posts, rather than just continue to sling mud to whoever might be listening?   You came into this thread guns a blazin’ :yeehaw: to defend Conan & George, and the last thing those individuals need is your defence.   You painted everyone that has an issue with this late reporting as an ignorant, fearful, greedy self-interested troll(para-phrasing).  And now you continue to paint with this broad brush, accusing(again, no one directly) members of questioning the integrity of Conan & George....which no one has done.

Bravo :golfclap:

On 11/25/2022 at 6:25 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I don't think anybody in here does that.  

We all appreciate you taking a break from your skateboarding to participate.  However, we're trying to have an adult conversation in here, and it involves things that are quite a bit above your pay grade.

So, what do you own, sonnyboy?

Absolutely nailed it! (worship)

I didn’t realize you could do impressions :bigsmile:

On 11/25/2022 at 5:31 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Absolutely nailed it! (worship)

I didn’t realize you could do impressions :bigsmile:

I wasn't trying to do an impression......I was just poking the BearYonder. :baiting:

On 11/25/2022 at 6:28 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why not just address members directly in your posts, rather than just continue to sling mud to whoever might be listening?   You came into this thread guns a blazin’ :yeehaw: to defend Conan & George, and the last thing those individuals need is your defence.   You painted everyone that has an issue with this late reporting as an ignorant, fearful, greedy self-interested troll(para-phrasing).  And now you continue to paint with this broad brush, accusing(again, no one directly) members of questioning the integrity of Conan & George....which no one has done.

Bravo :golfclap:

Dude, are you high?

My points have addressed those that I felt needed to be addressed. 

Take Domo's advice and chill out. 

On 11/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, VintageComics said:

Dude, are you high?

I couldn’t be more chill right now.  I assume your question is rhetorical....

On 11/25/2022 at 12:57 AM, fastballspecial said:

I think some of these Podcasters don't really understand the legal ramifications of what they are doing.
They think they can just say whatever they want without consequences. I think Mycomicshop handled this
much better than I would have if someone was accusing my business of collusion without proof.

Because, quite frankly, their motivation is not to be a journalist. It's to get themselves over, plain and simple. 

On 11/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 11/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, VintageComics said:

Dude, are you high?

I couldn’t be more chill right now.  I assume your question is rhetorical....

Well then that explains everything. 

On 11/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

And now an anti-drug commercial.   If I wasn’t high, I’d be much more focused on taking you to task.   Consider yourself lucky :peace:

You're like an annoying mosquito I can't whisk away. 

On 11/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, VintageComics said:

Chill is boring.  I don't poke people to calm them down.

So....what do you own, Twinkle Toes? :baiting: