• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late Fall Grading Contest Round 2
5 5

66 posts in this topic

My bullseye on the Thrilling Comics was really just a shot in the dark. Well kind of.

I would've graded it higher if not for the notes. With the splits and the detachment I envisioned how the cover must be hanging on. I basically graded it as I would a VF/NM book with a completely detached cover (4.0). Then I knocked off a grade for the book's other flaws which accumulated would land it in the VG low end.

I really figured CGC's grade would be higher. It presents so deceptively well.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:00 PM, grendelbo said:

My bullseye on the Thrilling Comics was really just a shot in the dark. Well kind of.

I would've graded it higher if not for the notes. With the splits and the detachment I envisioned how the cover must be hanging on. I basically graded it as I would a VF/NM book with a completely detached cover (4.0). Then I knocked off a grade for the book's other flaws which accumulated would land it in the VG low end.

I really figured CGC's grade would be higher. It presents so deceptively well.

Agreed, very nice copy of an iconic book and at that grade it would have been affordable. Ahhh....Some day I will have to go after a Schomburg cover for my collection. :cloud9:

On 11/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, flashlites said:

I believe round 3 will have 3 books in it! Did we ever get the reveal scans? Let's see those beautiful books in their holders Frozen Tundra :)

Yes, in  a new thread for the reveal for round 2, and the third and last round in it's own thread as well. (thumbsu