• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scores for Round 2 - Fall Grading Contest
4 4

20 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2022 at 9:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We don't know the book grades to know if the chart makes sense. 

See line 2 -- the Round 2 books were 3.5 and 6.5.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:59 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks (thumbsu  There is a 4.0 for sale on Ebay (in completed items now) that doesnt look near as nice.

I’m guessing the accumulation of smaller defects brought yours down because it looks great for the grade it got…I’m gonna go see that 4.0 just to have a look-see

Dang I put 1.8 for the detached cover, thinking it couldn't best 2.5, I have a 4.5 with a detached centerfold doh!

But I thought covers were different oye.

And I also missed the second book by only two grades. So there is that.

I shouldn't have "assumed!"

On 11/29/2022 at 9:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Dang I put 1.8 for the detached cover, thinking it couldn't best 2.5, I have a 4.5 with a detached centerfold doh!

I think if you have a complete book it should grade out at least to a 2.0

On 11/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I think if you have a complete book it should grade out at least to a 2.0

l was off by 6 points total, but last up I am lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/29/2022 at 9:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was a 1.8 also because of detached...split etc oh well

And I overshot the Thrilling... I thought it would get a bump for its eye appeal. Which is considerable!

I'm not 100% sure how restored books are graded TBH, but I reasoned that some of the flaws (stuff like sealed spine split, glue, etc) were probably "covered" by the Apparent label. Whereas a flaw like the detached top staple was not.  

On 11/30/2022 at 9:44 AM, Point Five said:

And I overshot the Thrilling... I thought it would get a bump for its eye appeal. Which is considerable!

I'm not 100% sure how restored books are graded TBH, but I reasoned that some of the flaws (stuff like sealed spine split, glue, etc) were probably "covered" by the Apparent label. Whereas a flaw like the detached top staple was not.  

Grading of restored books is new to me also. I thought this would get the restored grade, but had thought it might grade out at a 4.0. While the flaws are fairly numerous for the most part they are small in scope. The spine split is 1 3/4 inches. The dark spot on the left edge of the front cover is about 3/4 by 1 inch. The eye appeal is good so it's a keeper. :wishluck: