• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashcans? Is there a Double Action Comics #1

43 posts in this topic

Hmmm.....Have you looked over the other Double Action #1 and Double Action #2 threads in this forum? You might want to. It will give you some idea, what is going on. As for some images of ashcans. Try Esquirecomics.com. He has a few there. Also, try Holey Moley's Ashcan Covers at http://members.fortunecity.com/holeymoley/pages/ashcans/.

Is there a copy of Double Action Comics #1 , it is black and white , trying to track down a picture of all known and unknown ashcans out there for a project I am working on! Help would be appreciated . I am new to the boards but not new to collecting.

Ashcan/Comics

This is an informative thread I started on the topic earlier this year.

Ashcan CGC Thread

I own these two below and the Crack Comics #1 displayed in the thread above. Our fellow forumite Moondog is the penultimate expert on the ashcans. I am merely trying to buy all his copies!

5centcomics.jpg

ActionFunnies.jpg

Moondog brought some of his ashcan collection to the forum dinner in chicago this year. they were absolutely amazing. plus he brought the covers to the action titled ashcans. It was absolutely amazing. he let me look at all of them and told me alot about them. he is a plethora of knowledge.

I am starting to reach the believe a compendium should be written chronicling, the history of comics and the people that have had a major influence. You would have to put Gerber there just for the simple fact that he provided one of the most useful reference books in comics collecting. If one of the longtime collectors such as moondog, has an amazing amount of knowledge regarding a subject that should be covered as well. I suppose a website would suffice but what I have seen out there is too specific. One covering cover galleries and issue info, another prices etc. Not really one covering major players, the history of the particular titles etc.

Is there a copy of Double Action Comics #1 , it is black and white , trying to track down a picture of all known and unknown ashcans out there for a project I am working on! Help would be appreciated . I am new to the boards but not new to collecting.

Ashcan/Comics

Both Double Action 1 and Double Action 2 had full colour covers. Double Action 2 did seem to get some sort of release (11 known copies). But someone called Raven just sent me a supposed scan of the ashcan to Double Action which looks ridiculous because it's a scan of Detective 18's artwork in reverse. It's too big a file for me to post on here.

1005945-DoublAct1.jpg

Can't seem to post up the number two here, so it'll be in the next post.

1005945-DoubleAction2CGC92.jpeg.ae6c179e565ad30a40f21fc8c3fce4be.jpeg