• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The piece I'd trade my entire OA collection for is...

49 posts in this topic

KK made his choice based on how much the page is worth, which seems to be his sole OA motivation. That is why he picked ASM #1 over other more artistically apealing covers in the run. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps, but surely AF 15 (if it existed) would top ASM 1.

And actually, I'm also a little surprised that he'd trade the Cap 1 (plus whatever else) for the ASM 1.

This thread has got me thinking... I might actually like to have the Cap 1 cover more than anything else. I'm a huge Kirby and Simon & Kirby fan. It would probably be in my top three. Although there's a splash in #10 of Cap and Bucky on a motorcycle that might be cooler than any of the covers. And there's at least a couple double page splashes in their run that I'd have to consider for my personal top spot.

While I'm dreaming, I'd love to have the Adventure #73 cover also.

When I look at it I feel its the moment that the Marvel Universe and Spidey was born. I never get tired of looking at it.

Glen

Errr.... wouldn't AF15 be the moment Spidey was born? And FF1 be the moment the Marvel Universe was born? tongue.gifscrewy.gif

Still, I hear you, there's nothing like the impression that artwork makes on you as a child. takeit.gifsmile.gif

Well...technically you are right. AF 15 WAS the moment Spidey was born and the FF in FF 1. But the first crossover. That is, the first event where Marvel characters met in the same book. THAT is ASM 1. That to me is when Marvel FIRST joined together a universe of shared characters. And the cover is just so darn cool!

That is, the first event where Marvel characters met in the same book. THAT is ASM 1. That to me is when Marvel FIRST joined together a universe of shared characters. And the cover is just so darn cool!

That is a great point! I never really liked that cover, but I think I have a newfound respect for it now.

When I look at it I feel its the moment that the Marvel Universe and Spidey was born. I never get tired of looking at it.

Glen

Errr.... wouldn't AF15 be the moment Spidey was born? And FF1 be the moment the Marvel Universe was born? tongue.gifscrewy.gif

Still, I hear you, there's nothing like the impression that artwork makes on you as a child. takeit.gifsmile.gif

Well...technically you are right. AF 15 WAS the moment Spidey was born and the FF in FF 1. But the first crossover. That is, the first event where Marvel characters met in the same book. THAT is ASM 1. That to me is when Marvel FIRST joined together a universe of shared characters. And the cover is just so darn cool!

Ah, I see what you mean. When crossovers created a sense of a marvel community... I get it.

Glen

Ah, I see what you mean. When crossovers created a sense of a marvel community... I get it.

AF 15 would win hands down for me everytime against ASM 1. AF 15 is Iconic, the 1st app Spider-Man and a Kirby cover as well. I would love to see the original. I am guessing all the areas of the cover that are coloured brown would be white not black. Does anyone else think that? Also. I agree with the cross over coments. To me that is what made Marvel comics an exciting place to be. I loved it when another Marvel super hero dropped by. It was so cool. JIM 112, FF 25,26,28, X-Men 9, FF 12 were among some of my favourite Marvel comics. While i'm on the subject. Does anyone know where the 2/3rd Splash to FF 28 is?