• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tashen the Fantastic worlds of Frank Frazetta JAN 6,2023...50 years in the making

81 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2023 at 6:35 PM, WolverineX said:

Thanks sir, good to know.  Still waiting on my preorder. Might keep it now.  Don't own any other hardbacks.  

It is a beautiful book and I think you will be very happy with it.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, WolverineX said:

Yeah, they are saying the pictures are not as "bright" or vibrant  as the vanguard book. 

It's actually the opposite. The Taschen book has quite a bit more punch to the colors throughout. Likely enhanced digitally. I would guess the Vanguard images are probably more true to the originals, but the Taschen book looks great.

The Taschen book is quite a bit more comprehensive. It's 450 pages vs 130 in the Vanguard. 

One thing I did like about the Vanguard book was the numerous prelims and previous iterations they included. The Taschen book does some of that as well, but it appears to be a point of emphasis with the Vanguard book.

FAIL for both: Give us a #$%&-king index already! Want to find "Conan the Berserker?" Good luck with that.

image.thumb.jpeg.699eff338bbdf88283594d2b7d33d978.jpeg

On 3/28/2023 at 10:41 AM, J.Sid said:

It's actually the opposite. The Taschen book has quite a bit more punch to the colors throughout. Likely enhanced digitally. I would guess the Vanguard images are probably more true to the originals, but the Taschen book looks great.

The Taschen book is quite a bit more comprehensive. It's 450 pages vs 130 in the Vanguard. 

One thing I did like about the Vanguard book was the numerous prelims and previous iterations they included. The Taschen book does some of that as well, but it appears to be a point of emphasis with the Vanguard book.

FAIL for both: Give us a #$%&-king index already! Want to find "Conan the Berserker?" Good luck with that.

image.thumb.jpeg.699eff338bbdf88283594d2b7d33d978.jpeg

Wow - those are very different...

On 4/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, Thefishguy said:

Tashen now lists this book on their site as "Availability: April 2023"

Amazon still has my order "not yet shipped" Hopefully this month.

be careful , my order at Amazon was cancelled !

On 4/18/2023 at 7:52 PM, WolverineX said:

It's an extremely beautiful book.  I'm slowly digesting it.  Very glad I purchased it. 

20230418_225136.jpg

super, if you have owned the previous books what do you find to be the biggest surprise and how would you rank this....enjoy

On 4/19/2023 at 2:52 PM, Mmehdy said:

super, if you have owned the previous books what do you find to be the biggest surprise and how would you rank this....enjoy

I actually don't own any other books, so this my first one.  My biggest impression is how big it is.  The quality is fantastic.  Never owned a taschen before.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:37 PM, WolverineX said:

I actually don't own any other books, so this my first one.  My biggest impression is how big it is.  The quality is fantastic.  Never owned a taschen before.

What would you rate the book...1-10

On 4/19/2023 at 9:37 PM, WolverineX said:

The Taschen reprint editions of early Marvel titles are also well worth buying.  Same size as the Frazetta book.  The latest release, of X-Men #s 1 - 21, reached me Monday.

Edited by The Voord

On 6/14/2023 at 1:58 PM, The Voord said:

The Taschen reprint editions of early Marvel titles are also well worth buying.  Same size as the Frazetta book.  The latest release, of X-Men #s 1 - 21, reached me Monday.

Nice, how much?  I would get it except those pre X94 X-men issues are tough to read...

On 6/14/2023 at 9:08 PM, WolverineX said:

Nice, how much?  I would get it except those pre X94 X-men issues are tough to read...

I'm in the UK, so work on GBP£s.  Same price as the Frazetta book.

So far . . . volume ones of ASM, FF, Avengers and now X-Men.  I don't mind the early X-Men; it's what I grew up with.  I know # 94 is the start of heavy interest in the title, but I'd pretty much stopped collecting Marvel in the early 1970s, so have never read the later X-Men stuff.  Probably my loss, but I can't miss something I never had, lol!

Edited by The Voord