• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Pre - Christmas Contest Discussion/Insult Center 2022 is now open.
7 7

143 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, DR.X said:

:hi:

Here's a cliff not version of what is happening. And its a cliff note version believe me.

I'm dealing with a 101 year old father ( WW2 Veteran ), who has been in assisted living for 2 year, and had 24/7 care givers at his home for 2 years, and we've been dealing with him and my mother before she passed, for at least 10 years.

He has dementia also, but he has moments where his brain must drift back into reality and he says crazy stuff in a complete sentence, then just drifts back into another world.

The man has never been sick. Takes no medication, and is tough as bark on a tree. Not easy growing up in that house. He'd knock you upside the head for no reason.

Anyway, there are siblings involved in this mess, financial aspects, and this and that. He's basically just a empty shell sitting in a chair, eating three meals a day, and no idea where he is.

Monday night I got a call he had turned blue, was chocking, oxygen levels dropped, and this was it. They put him on oxygen, and he snapped out of it but its like watching a baby laying in bed figetting all night, and moving around, tearing the oxygen mask off this face. I sat there till almost midnight putting it back on his face with the nurses, and he would just keep babbling and tear it off a get.

I did not think he would make it through the night. I came home and could not sleep waiting for  a phone call. Ran over there Tues morning and he was sitting up in a wheel chair with his usual babbling, no oxygen, and no one can figure out how this man is still alive, if you can call this living.

I'll try and squeeze this contest in ASAP. These prizes are left overs from last year when I had to cancel it, so I will get this thing launched one way or another. Running out right now. Will update later.

Best to you and your family, so hard to watch a loved one deteriorate. :foryou: Your Dad sounds fierce! My best friend friend from high school is dealing with a similar situation with his Mom and it's heartbreaking to see. I'm thankful every day that my Mom (95) still has her wits about her.

I failed goofing around 101, I'm just no good at it...but I did speak to Tim and I think he kind of missing it while he figures stuff out about timing right now...

So let the goofing begin;) :foryou:

So be a buddy...Distract him, cheer him up, let those packages throb and the memes meme;) 

I'll try to start;) 

Hugh Jackman Smile GIF - Hugh Jackman Smile Wolverine GIFs

Hugh Jackman Happy GIF - Hugh Jackman Happy Dance GIFs

Xmen Dancing GIF - Xmen Dancing GIFs

Greatest Showman Sing GIF - Greatest Showman Sing Dance GIFs

Oklahoma ! Oh What A Beautiful Morning GIF - Good Morning Musicals Oklahoma GIFs

I wouldn't worry about this contest you could always do an after Christmas contest. My wife's dad passed away earlier this year after dealing with Dementia, it's no fun. God be with you. :foryou: