• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Near Mint Sundays Comic Book Show! Anaheim, CA Sunday 3/12/2023 10am-4pm
1 1

4 posts in this topic

(Advertising with permission on behalf of the event organizers, CJ and Judy)

ATTENTION ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COMIC COLLECTORS: start making plans to attend the latest and greatest local comic book BUY / SELL / TRADE event!

Mark your calendars for the fourth installment of Near Mint Sundays (first one for 2023)! An expected 40+ comic vendors with free admission and free parking! What's that mean for you? MORE MONEY FOR COMIC BOOKS! NMS is focusing on strictly comic books from all eras, both graded and ungraded! Great mix of dealers and private collectors bringing affordable back issues and high-end keys.

Sunday, March 12, 2023
10:00am - 4:00pm

Brookhurst Community Center
2271 W Crescent Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801

For more info, please visit the following websites:
Near Mint Sundays on Instagram
Near Mint Sunday Official Website (Includes Vendor Information)

Vendor registration is currently OPEN! I provided a link below to take you to the registration page where you can fill out a vendor application. Important dates to consider:

12.12.22 - Vendor Applications OPEN.

12.31.22 - Vendor Applications CLOSE.

01.09.23 - Vendors Will Receive An UPDATE.

The event organizers have indicated that they usually receive more applications than they have booth space, so nothing is certain even if you submit an application early for this show. To quote them "Your answers really matter. Your vibe is more important than the depth of your collection." :cheers:

Near Mint Sundays Vendor Registration

I considered setting up at this show until I went to the site and read the "conditions". "Your answers really matter. Your vibe is more important than the depth of your collection."... really?

Whaaat? Who's "ring" do you have to kiss to be a vendor?

I have a pretty vast selection of GA/SA/BA. This doesn't seem to matter. As a buyer, I show up with pockets full of cash to buy vintage comics. I have for the most part been real disappointed in the quality of books in the room. 

I know Brad from F-VF and King and Queen Comics were turned down for the last show despite supporting this show from the beginning. 

I will be setting up at Terry O'Neil's CalCon in Feb. This is what a "real" con should be...

Edited by Robot Man

On 12/19/2022 at 4:40 PM, Robot Man said:

I considered setting up at this show until I went to the site and read the "conditions". "Your answers really matter. Your vibe is more important than the depth of your collection."... really?

Whaaat? Who's "ring" do you have to kiss to be a vendor?

I have a pretty vast selection of GA/SA/BA. This doesn't seem to matter. As a buyer, I show up with pockets full of cash to buy vintage comics. I have for the most part been real disappointed in the quality of books in the room. 

I know Brad from F-VF and King and Queen Comics were turned down for the last show despite supporting this show from the beginning. 

I will be setting up at Terry O'Neil's CalCon in Feb. This is what a "real" con should be...

I appreciate you taking the time to respond! I'm sure the event organizers would welcome this type of feedback/inquiry (I've sent it their way just in case), but I'd always encourage anyone to reach out to them via the contact form on the website or via Instagram DM. I cannot speak to how they make their decisions, I just know that for every show there has been more collector demand than the actual supply of booth spaces.

Pretty sure I've introduced myself in prior threads and at the show, but for the sake of transparency: my name is Aaron (on Instagram as aarrow_prty/aonescomics), and while I cannot speak for the organizers, only as a supporter of the show and setting up at the last 3 shows myself, I'm happy to share my brief insight (again, this is my perspective, not that of the event organizers):

I truly don't think this show is meant to be like the traditional/"real" cons you refer to, and that's what has made it stand out to me. I've always looked at it as a "comic swap meet" among the local community of collectors here in California. If anything it gives small/private collectors like you and I an opportunity to set up at a busy show and make some deals among the community members, something we cannot necessarily do otherwise without paying a steep fee to get access.

I've come to enjoy this show since there's always a wide array of vendors: you have your traditional dealers and you have your private collectors, all in one room. Whatever selection criteria is being used has seemingly ensured that there is a great mix of the type of collectors setting up. I'm not too familiar with many traditional/"real" cons in the area that let that happen.

To be fair, Shortboxed is technically giving private collectors like you and I an opportunity to set up at Cal Comic Con (I was set-up at the 2020 Comic Swap during Cal Comic Con 2020), though during the smaller preview night on Saturday night that they organize (which is limited capacity). I don't think this is same thing as being in the main show Sunday setting up alongside the titans of the comic industry we know and love (seriously, the vendor line up looks amazing!). It is with this in mind that I've come to appreciate what Near Mint Sundays offers to a small collector like me: access and opportunity.

I'll be at Cal Comic Con both days in February. I'm not setting up Saturday night myself (don't have the inventory to justify it), but I'll be there to be support my friends/other collectors and hopefully find something I like. Happy to continue this discussion in person, collector-to-collector :cheers:

Edited by Aarrow108