• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Adventures 13 (1972)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I wouldn’t bother slabbing this, but this seems to be one of those black-border early 70s Marvels that are tough to find in decent shape. CGC census seems low to me (but I’m still learning.)

Anyway, do your worst. And, as always, thanks in advance!

09F009C8-AE12-434C-ABE2-5F88375A4F10.jpeg

6A1382AB-8597-4041-8DBF-7A0052DEB731.jpeg

87460BE9-8CDF-4CEE-B780-D73506BF1B32.jpeg

I think 7.0±0.5. I probably wouldn't slab this unless there was a personal reason. As alluded to above, I wouldn't grade any non-keys unless they were in guaranteed ≥9.4 condition. According to gocollect, FMV for low 9s is still <$100. There are a few CGCs in NM condition on ebay right now (overpriced) like a 9.2 for $150 (with the "Make Offer" option). Fees for grading, shipping & possible pressing don't quite add up to the ask price for the 9.2, but it's getting close enough I would buy, not grade,  if I wanted a nice copy of this in my graded collection. I do enjoy this little Beast run. There's some interesting history of how this was part of Marvel's movement away from the CCA's ban on certain types of stories in comics.