• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SIKTC #1 Ranking
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Ive recently gotten into Something is Killing the Children via trades and I really want to grab a #1 and some keys. 

1) in terms of first issue what are the most desirable covers, is 1st Print A the general go to?

2) any other essential keys ?

On 12/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, JoeBrrr said:

Hey guys

Ive recently gotten into Something is Killing the Children via trades and I really want to grab a #1 and some keys. 

1) in terms of first issue what are the most desirable covers, is 1st Print A the general go to?

2) any other essential keys ?

1st and 6th print are some of the most desirable covers. Many like the black cape variant and the NYCC variant. But the most valuable #1 is the ALA Midwinter 2020 Edition.

The links below shows other keys. I also like #3 2nd print and #16 the comic book dealer edition (1st full Jessica Slaughter and Origin of Erica Slaughter).

https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/02/15/the-something-is-killing-the-children-list/
https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/01/05/ft-80-something-is-killing-my-wallet/

Edited by Laugh at Life

On 12/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, Laugh at Life said:

1st and 6th print are some of the most desirable covers. Many like the black cape variant and the NYCC variant. But the most valuable #1 is the ALA Midwinter 2020 Edition.

The link below shows other keys. I also like #16 the comic book dealer edition (1st full Jessica Slaughter and Origin of Erica Slaughter).

https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/02/15/the-something-is-killing-the-children-list/

6th print ? That’s interesting!  Is it due to a low print run ?

Will check out the other covers. 

With the Jenny Frisson variant, how many versions are there and why the huge gap in prices? 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:41 PM, JoeBrrr said:

6th print ? That’s interesting!  Is it due to a low print run ?

Will check out the other covers. 

With the Jenny Frisson variant, how many versions are there and why the huge gap in prices? 

For the 6th print and the 4 Frison variants below, I think it just comes down to the cover and print run.

Unlocked Retailer Variant, Bloody Splash variant, Foil variant and NYCC Diamond Retailer sketch exclusive.

The story is really great.

But in terms of variants, sketch covers and keys...

I bet my left leg that 10 years from now no one will care about 99% of the the variants, sketch covers and keys from the series. If you like the collecting aspect and don't care about an expected drop in value in the long term, you'll be fine.

Edited by Phill the Governor

Man oh man are there a lot of store exclusives for 16…. I’m probably going to just go by the art I like for that one. Might have to piece together a few copies over time. Paralysis of too much choice. Also print runs seem to be a bit of a guessing game on those ?

On 12/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, Phill the Governor said:

The story is really great.

But in terms of variants, sketch covers and keys...

I bet my left leg that 10 years from now no one will care about 99% of the the variants, sketch covers and keys from the series. If you like the collecting aspect and don't care about an expected drop in value in the long term, you'll be fine.

Yeah I’m not hoping for a walking dead type spec or even invincible - I simply like to get a few nice 9.8s of moderns that really captured my interest. 

Have a nice amount of Lazarus variants, East of West, We Are Never Going Home - that I just keep in the slab pile. It’s usually for the same books I invest in the HC or deluxe collected editions of as well sort of thing. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:24 PM, JoeBrrr said:

Anyone have info on this copy? Can’t find any graded really seem to come in poly bags. 

31F03B84-952A-4083-86F4-043F72B02DB9.png

The books were re-issued last year as (I believe) 5-issue "Slaughter Packs." Pretty sure this is from an SDCC-exclusive pack. So it's a reprint of #1 from 2022, which makes it probably like the 10th print or something.

Edit: Sold out here, but this is what it was: https://trinity-comics.myshopify.com/collections/convention-exclusives/products/siktc-1-sdcc-dan-quintana-exclusive-slaughter-pack

Edited by Jesse-Lee