• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star Wars #1 - Result in 8.5
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I'm super new to collecting. These forums has been a valuable asset/resource for most questions I've had, so thank you all who contribute. I picked up Star Wars #1 recently and want to get it graded/slabbed to preserve it (for my own collection, not flipping it). I think it will absolutely benefit from having a clean n press. but any comments/grading suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

There are some spine ticks mostly not broken, exect by the bottom staple. Very slight crease top and right corners. The back has some colour rub by the spine, and a thumb-mark top left. Inside pages are all in good condition, 

(since posting the images, I've noticed thumb prints on the cover ... probably my n00b sweaty hands, I've updated the photos)

Again, thank you in advance.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

Edited by stefkirl

I got mine signed/graded & was surprised that it came back 2-3 grades higher than expected. You do seem to have pressable defects, so I'm focused on the small TRFC bend, the fingerprint, the rough BRFC & the grunge on the back. It's better if that stuff on the back is soiled, not stained, b/c the latter is a real killer by CGC standards. Stained, I would say 5.5/6.0. Soiled but then cleaned & pressed 7.0/7.5. The fingerprints hurt.