• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer 4
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Love this book! Got this in a mixed lot of DC & Marvel 20+ years ago. This actually was
a double cover, but extra cover wasn't attached because of the square bound spine.
Didn't upload the extra cover, should of kept it with the book, but didn't...have it, but need to dig it out...

Presents great, but has book length cb crease along left side...have a grade in mind, but
wondering what you thought...thanks!

image.jpeg

IMG_5975.JPG

+1 on trying to press the various stuff under the SS's board. Could some of those wavy lines be printer's creases? I do see a color-breaking line on the far right. IDK if there's a name for this, as I have comics with similar lines. As far as the reader's crease, I bought the CGC guide so you don't have to. The book says max for a non-color breaking RC is 8.0 and a full length color breaking RC can go as low as 5.0. It also says square bounds are treated a little bit easier. This RC is color-breaking, but does not appear to be the full length with the color disruption. Beyond that, the book leaves ambiguity, which I'm sure is intentional. My feeling is that it's at least a mid-severity RC, so 6.5 max. I'll say 6.0±0.5 b/c there is uncertainty about the other little defect. By the way :takeit:

Edited by scburdet