• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny x-men 266 newsstand
1 1

19 posts in this topic

LOL. No clue how I did it but as I was about to walk out of a store I noticed this for 100$ in the back of a random bin. I am hopeful for a 9.4, might wait to send in for a signature series.

Also everything to be posted after this is apart of the same buy today. All for 220$. 

20221230_161559.jpg

20221230_161604.jpg

20221230_161607.jpg

20221230_161611.jpg

20221230_161615.jpg

20221230_161620.jpg

20221230_161625.jpg

20221230_161629.jpg

20221230_161638.jpg

On 12/30/2022 at 7:22 PM, scburdet said:

≥9.2. Not much to gripe about. Mine pulled a 9.8 at the last Claremont signing. I didn't expect it to go that high.

Damn well here's hoping. It was a really weird shop. Newly priced comics labeled nm yet had holes through the cover page and such, and then at the end of this new box the owner shows to me I find this. Couldn't say no.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:42 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

Couldn't say no

Easily could double your $, even raw, with a newsstand. FMV is all over the place on ebay. A good one to hold onto until the X-Men enter the MCU if not for your PC

On 12/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, scburdet said:

Easily could double your $, even raw, with a newsstand. FMV is all over the place on ebay. A good one to hold onto until the X-Men enter the MCU if not for your PC

Yes I think this one might just stay. I'm thinking for alot of the comics I've bought this year they've over corrected. I do think it's a good time to get things graded though it seems. At least in my case.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, JollyComics said:

Modern for sure!

I agree. Try at Modern first. It's cheaper, and the 20ish-day turnaround they're reporting is fast enough that a higher tier doesn't really get you much. As always, CGC will automatically contact you for more $$$ if you're FMV bumps you out of a tier.

This looks super clean, yeah. I saw a couple of very small spine ticks and a blunt corner in the bottom left. I'd say get it graded for sure if you're looking to sell eventually (maybe at the next Claremont event), and then sit on it until the X-Men have their day in the movie sun again. If not, grade if you like, mylar and halfback if you don't.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:14 PM, scburdet said:

I agree. Try at Modern first. It's cheaper, and the 20ish-day turnaround they're reporting is fast enough that a higher tier doesn't really get you much. As always, CGC will automatically contact you for more $$$ if you're FMV bumps you out of a tier.

My paranoia with that before was that they'd grade my book lower so it would be within the threshold. Then I realized that would be alot less $ for them lol. I'll do that then. 

On 12/30/2022 at 9:37 PM, burnsbabe said:

This looks super clean, yeah. I saw a couple of very small spine ticks and a blunt corner in the bottom left. I'd say get it graded for sure if you're looking to sell eventually (maybe at the next Claremont event), and then sit on it until the X-Men have their day in the movie sun again. If not, grade if you like, mylar and halfback if you don't.

For anything of value or covers I love and are high grade I always want to get them graded. Love the look of them in a cgc case. I might wait for that event like you said as for me this was a rare find and definitely wouldn't sell right now in this market. 

On 12/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

My paranoia with that before was that they'd grade my book lower so it would be within the threshold. Then I realized that would be alot less $ for them lol. I'll do that then. 

My guy was telling me about getting the notification that more $ was needed to finish the grading (an Adam the Blue Marvel that got boosted to standard). It's one of those "nice problems to have".

On 12/30/2022 at 9:14 PM, scburdet said:

I had only four bumps since 2009. The most recent was last week for my Batman 251 was bumped from economy to express. I keep lessen my expenses as I could. I rarely use express or fast track but I would use them necessarily. I never use Walkthrough.

On 12/31/2022 at 12:46 AM, JollyComics said:

I had only four bumps since 2009. The most recent was last week for my Batman 251 was bumped from economy to express. I keep lessen my expenses as I could. I rarely use express or fast track but I would use them necessarily. I never use Walkthrough.

Walkthrough is for for folks with deep pockets who are either 1) simply too impatient to wait, or 2) have books genuinely worth 5 digits worth of dollars.

On 12/31/2022 at 9:43 PM, burnsbabe said:

Walkthrough is for for folks with deep pockets who are either 1) simply too impatient to wait, or 2) have books genuinely worth 5 digits worth of dollars.

The owners of Clink preferred Value and Economy for years.  They can wait patiently.