• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not including notes for a 9.2 graded book is ridiculous
2 2

63 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, Foolish Mortal! said:

There is:

Screenshot_20230302-112631_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c0172a95a8b9fec10c13ab94f41b851.jpg

That's some business. Send me your book and I'll assign it a grade. You have no idea what my qualifications are or how I arrived at that grade, but if you dont like the grade I can always clean and press it for you and provide you with another spitball. How do I know it isn't a spitball? I can't know it without notes.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:26 AM, andrehanderson said:

Then there is no point to having a comic graded.

For Moderns, you've reached the most logical conclusion.

CGC does provide a valuable restoration (and authenticity) check service for vintage comic books, though.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 1/3/2023 at 9:25 AM, andrehanderson said:

I like CGC, but that's an insult to not include notes on a book that looks pristine yet is graded 9.2. I get it if there is an obvious issue with the book, but when it looks like a NM copy, the whole 9.2-9.4-9.6 thing is so subjective and should be explained in the notes. Makes me want to avoid getting anything graded as I have to trust that someone wasn't just having a bad day.

An even more valid point with the recent discussion on scammers removing comics and attempting to sell color copies. Grading notes would add another level of assurance.