• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shortboxed Live Sunday May 7, 2023, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara Convention Center!
2 2

58 posts in this topic

A couple updates:

Less than 30 tickets left to receive a free con exclusive t-shirt! 

Unfortunately, Kevin Eastman has to cancel his appearance due to existing contractual obligations with a competitor that prevent him from participating in Shortboxed LIVE. We're working on bringing another legendary creator (or two) to the show!

Quick updates:

First batch of 100 pre-sale tickets with a free t-shirt sold out! 

Added child tickets, age 9 & under free.

Added some great artists and creators:

• Mitch Gerads
  • Evan 'Doc' Shaner
  • John Giang
  • Maria the Wolf
  • Tom Waltz
  • Ken Mitchroney
  • Ciro Nieli
  • Mark Bode

Here's the full dealer lineup at a glance. Definitely a show worth traveling to just for the dealer lineup :cheers:

• Harley Yee - Harley Yee Rare Comics - Detroit, MI
  • Will Mason - Dave & Adam’s - Buffalo, NY
  • Brian & Bob Fornesi - Bunky Bros - Bay Area, CA
  • Richard Evans - Bedrock City - Houston, TX
  • Rick Whitelock - Newforce Comics - Charlotte, NC
  • Jamie Graham - Graham Crackers Comics - Chicago, IL
  • Sean Cleveland - Peatmonster - Santa Cruz, CA
  • Rob Isaac - Red Hood Comics - Las Vegas, NV
  • Will Cordero - Torpedo Comics - Las Vegas, NV
  • Ted Vanliew - Superworld Comics - Holden, MA
  • Matt Trujillo - Age of Comics - Albuquerque, NM
  • Brian Peets - A-1 Comics - Sacramento, CA
  • Terry O’Neill - Terry’s Comics - Kelso, WA
  • Bill Ponsetti - Fantastic Worlds - Scottsdale, AZ
  • Tysan James - Amazing Heroes - Kirkland, WA
  • Alan Bahr - Heroes Comics - Bay Area, CA
  • Phil Schlaefer - Champion Comics - Bay Area, CA
  • John Hill - Hills of Comics - Auburn, WA
  • Eric Sexton-Dorsett - Seeker's Eye - Portland, OR

Tickets and travel info at shortboxed.com/live

Quick update:

We've added a couple more dealers to the lineup: Dan Loufek from Comic Cellar and Lee Hester from Lee's Comics!

If you haven't booked your discounted hotel room yet, about half the room block is already sold, so I definitely recommend booking soon. 

Convention-Center-Mockup-2.jpg

Edited by shortboxed
edit

On 3/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, JWKyle said:

hm

Hope you can make it!

Some quick updates:

Golden Age: There's a contingent of GA collectors traveling in from around the country, and a few dealers are planning accordingly by bringing some of their best GA stock. Just sayin' :headbang:

Hotel Rooms: Only about 30 rooms left for Sat, May 6. So if you're planning on traveling out, I do recommend booking your hotel soon to get the discounted rate. Booking link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CLARA/G-SRBX

Floor Plan: Booth numbers aren't assigned yet, but here's a look at the general floor plan. All the comic book dealers will be surrounding the entire room, and in the center will be artists, some communal roundtables (for dealmaking, watching the main stage, eating, resting, whatever), and the main stage where we'll have interviews, talks, raffles and more throughout the day. Everything is in one large room. 

Raffle Grand Prize: Every attendee gets a raffle ticket, and additional tickets will be available to purchase. Someone at the show is walking away with a $10k book - really. We're raffling off items throughout the day, but the grand prize will be the Wow Comics #10 9.0 Crowely Copy (single highest graded) ^^

SBX-Live-2023-Event-Floorplan (1).jpg

SBX-SBXLIVE23-Wow-10-Raffle-2 (2).jpeg

On 1/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, shortboxed said:

Thanks @BitterOldMan for the post - you beat me to it!

We're obviously very excited about this show. We take a lot of pride in the strength of the Shortboxed ecosystem, and many of the top dealers in the industry buy and sell on Shortboxed, so we decided to bring them all together for the ultimate one-day show. The dealer list is strictly by invite only, and some of these guys have never done a show in the Bay Area, or rarely head west for shows. I really wanted to put together a dealer lineup worth traveling for, and I hope we've done that. 

Details and tickets area available now at shortboxed.com/live but I'm happy to answer any questions here as well.

Hope to see some of you there!

-Gene, CEO & co-founder

Not sure I can make it but if I do can I buy tickets at the door?

On 3/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, woowoo said:

Not sure I can make it but if I do can I buy tickets at the door?

I do expect to sell out (capacity is limited) but we'll have some limited tickets available at the door.

You can always buy a ticket now, and if you can't make it, we'll refund you no problem. Hope to see you there! 

On 3/8/2023 at 9:25 AM, shortboxed said:

I do expect to sell out (capacity is limited) but we'll have some limited tickets available at the door.

You can always buy a ticket now, and if you can't make it, we'll refund you no problem. Hope to see you there! 

I should be there after all I have to see my brother @MrBedrock so, he can bring my Marvel 1 that he has been holding since 2018. 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, shortboxed said:

Exciting update:

Just got word from the man himself - legendary Batman artist Kelley Jones will be a guest at Shortboxed LIVE. Personally, I'm a big fan so I'm very excited about this!

-Gene

SBXLive - KELLEY-JONES.jpg

cool. Don't forget to have my ticket for me have to see my brother Richard Thanos