• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: Marvel Superheroes Ft Captain Marvel 13
2 2

11 posts in this topic

looks like the spine might be crunched some. Hard to say without a side angle of the spine on these square bound books. I see some crumpling, light stress/creasing along the spine & what looks like spine roll. 7ish pending spine integrity analysis.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:23 PM, joeypost said:

Irregularities in the spine are very common on square bound books. The paper wrinkles and puckers depending on how much or little glue was used during the manufacturing process. 

Does that make pressing these tricky? Risk of creating hard wrinkles? Looks 6.0 to me. 

On 1/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Does that make pressing these tricky? Risk of creating hard wrinkles? Looks 6.0 to me. 

Not really. Some of them, the spines are a mess. There is no way to remove all the damage from the way the glue dried attaching the cover to the interior pages. Historically, CGC has not been hard on this. production issue. I have many 9.6 and even 9.8 slabs where the spine looks all gnarly.

Posted (edited)

Was pressed before grading

Marvel Super-Heroes #13
Marvel3 1968
Variant:
Pedigree:

Certified
Off-White/White

Signees:

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
stains middle right front cover that discolor inks.
stain bottom left back cover
2/3" corner crease bottom right front cover barely breaks color
light edge wear & creases barely breaks color

Edited by marf