• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Occult Files of Doctor Spektor
1 1

31 posts in this topic

As a kid I only used to get these books in the three packs. Usually with a Magnus Robot Fighter, Boris Karloff, Ridley’s Believe it or Not, Grimm’s Ghost Stories or Dagar. Never found them individually except in back issue boxes at a show or LCS.

Ripleys Believe It Or Not # 46.jpg

Grimms Ghost Stories # 34.jpg

Boris Karloff Tales Of Mystery # 31.jpg

On 2/20/2023 at 6:55 PM, Jayman said:

As a kid I only used to get these books in the three packs. Usually with a Magnus Robot Fighter, Boris Karloff, Ridley’s Believe it or Not, Grimm’s Ghost Stories or Dagar. Never found them individually except in back issue boxes at a show or LCS.

Here are the 3-packs I've spotted over the years with a Doctor Spektor or Doctor Spektor Presents Spine-Tingling Tales book on the front or back.

523075243_whitman3packBorisKarloffTalesOfMysteryDagarDoctorSpektor-b.thumb.jpg.2b9e894a1665e644e2766454b169aa3b.jpg923876402_whitman3packgrimmsghoststories59twilightzone92doctorspektor25-b.jpg.715c721c341b66178822efb829a5a836.jpg1269539397_goldkey3packDoctorSpektor1DarkShadowsUFOFlyingSaucers6-f.thumb.jpg.a04a87d829c5a6e48fc8f94f92b3f388.jpg

On 4/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, EMazman said:

And a high grade #14 still eludes me.

There are only four copies on the CGC census, with one of those only an 8.0. Seems like a tough book!

On 4/18/2023 at 1:37 PM, Brock said:

There are only four copies on the CGC census, with one of those only an 8.0. Seems like a tough book!

Yep.  I've contacted a couple of them only one reached back out to me and still waiting for the final answer.  I was hoping to find a solid raw one but there's none.  The closest raw one is $54.00 on ebay but it's got a big crease in the bottom corner amongst other issues.  It's literally one of just a few books I want this year.  Also trying to get a 9.8 X-O Manowar Unconquered Leather variant.  None are back from CGC yet but man these all came back damaged brand new from Valiant.  

On 4/18/2023 at 6:53 PM, EMazman said:

Yep.  I've contacted a couple of them only one reached back out to me and still waiting for the final answer.  I was hoping to find a solid raw one but there's none.

I just checked to see if I had one... I'll grab these if I seem them in high grade in the wild, but I only have 4, 12 and 25.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, Brock said:

I just checked to see if I had one... I'll grab these if I seem them in high grade in the wild, but I only have 4, 12 and 25.

Thanks for checking.  One of the registered owners did get back to me but it's not gonna work out due to his cost and shipping from another Country.  Looks like I'm gonna have to find one in the wild if they even exist over a 6.0 or so.  Ughhhh