• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Occult Files of Doctor Spektor
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2023 at 2:06 PM, EMazman said:

Anyone else collecting these books?  I only have two issues in the original run so far including #18 which has Doctor Solar in it.  It's a fun challenge trying to find these in high grade.  

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I don’t collect them but that is a nice one 👍‼️🥓✔️

On 1/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, FoggyNelson said:

I don’t collect them but that is a nice one 👍‼️🥓✔️

I've been searching for a high grade copy of #14 and #23 forever.  Just not out there.  :/

I collect all of these painted cover gold keys. I won't pay more than $2 for one though. I am buying them because I like the covers. This at least has the potential for a re-boot and cross-overs unlike the anthology type books (Ripleys, etc.)

I have around nine issues, with the rest being on my want-list. This was one of my favourite titles when I was a kid, and I'll grab them whenever I see them if the price is right.

Lakota Rainflower was super-hot!

By the way, I think the writer (Don Glut) posts on this site now and again too...

On 1/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, the blob said:

I collect all of these painted cover gold keys. I won't pay more than $2 for one though. I am buying them because I like the covers. This at least has the potential for a re-boot and cross-overs unlike the anthology type books (Ripleys, etc.)

I'm sure you can find plenty of reader copies of the entire run.  I see them all the time on Ebay, marketplace, and mercari.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:31 PM, EMazman said:

I'm sure you can find plenty of reader copies of the entire run.  I see them all the time on Ebay, marketplace, and mercari.

I want better than reader copies, they don't appeal to me with a bunch of creases. It is nice to get them in nice shape on the cheap. I guess I can deal with some wear on older gold keys, mid-60s 12 centers and tolerate the condition issues on Dr. Solar, Magnus, and Turok because 12 cent cover price copies are hard to find for $2

On 2/17/2023 at 5:40 AM, Jayman said:

I like 14 for the Solar crossover. Nice art too! (thumbsu

Dr Spektor # 14.jpg

Dr Spektor # 14 Splash.jpg

Yep.  18 and 23 also have Solar but not to same extent.  I had someone on here that was gonna sell me their #14 but they vanished on me. lol

On 2/14/2023 at 12:18 PM, scburdet said:

someone bough the MCS copy in the interim 

On 2/17/2023 at 12:27 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Do you ever check the UK eBay site to see? Or maybe your filter already includes worldwide as default? (Assuming you search eBay.)

Not sure if filter on or not but I see stuff from UK when I search for 2000 AD stuff.

On 2/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, EMazman said:

Yep.  18 and 23 also have Solar but not to same extent.  I had someone on here that was gonna sell me their #14 but they vanished on me. lol

Dr Spector an similar books are really growing on me✔️‼️

On 2/18/2023 at 5:18 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Dr Spector an similar books are really growing on me✔️‼️

Me too and seems like potential for a streaming series or movie.  So much content untapped.  It's 4th on my priority of collections.  I want the Solar issues first but either nobody is selling/parting with their 14's and 23's.