• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Uncanny Xmen 94-150 readers

19 posts in this topic

Or the X-Men Classic/Classic X-Men title is also a good option for readers

I'd rather buy the Essentials than subject myself to those terrible Classic X-Men editions. Some of those books were barely 50% real material, with the remainder being new pages and panels inserted to support various retcons.

The Essentials may be B&W, but at least they're original.

Or the X-Men Classic/Classic X-Men title is also a good option for readers

Some of those books were barely 50% real material, with the remainder being new pages and panels inserted to support various retcons.

really? i had no idea. that's how I did my early x-men reading when I was a kid.

really? i had no idea. that's how I did my early x-men reading when I was a kid.

Seriously? I always thought it was pretty obvious, especially the jarring changes from some hack artwork (barely breakdowns) inserted in between Cockrum or Byrne finished work.

If you want a great example, check out X-Men 101 and then the Classic X-Men issue that reprints it. Hack and slash city to support the bizarre retconned notion that Jean Grey never died. screwy.gif

I never actually took the time to read the X-Men Classic issues but was aware they 'reprinted' the stories from the original comic. Thanks for the info JC. With the exception of a couple of missed issues, I got my first reads of the Cockrum stuff from the original material. I think I started picking them up with #98.

If you want a great example, check out X-Men 101 and then the Classic X-Men issue that reprints it. Hack and slash city to support the bizarre retconned notion that Jean Grey never died. screwy.gif

Oh wait, she did die, didn't she? Or maybe she didn't. But she did...right? Or not.

I know in the What If story she didn't. Or did she? If they retconned the fact that she died, will that What If issue now disappear from everyone's collection? smile.gif

phoenix is an entity, grey is just the host. Thats why xavier put mental dampeners on jean so she could keep the phoenix in check until mastermind removed them.

phoenix is an entity, grey is just the host. Thats why xavier put mental dampeners on jean so she could keep the phoenix in check until mastermind removed them.

Hey I totally agree, but that's not what the late-80's retcon did.

It basically changed the entire history of the New X-Men and stated that Jean Grey essentially disappeared in X-Men 101, replaced by a "Phoenix creature". Then they found Jean Grey in a cocoon (miraculously healed up just in time for X-Factor #1 yeahok.gif) and essentially took a huge krap on X-Men 101-137 inclusive.

Which is why Classic X-Men contains so many new retcon insertions and deletions, as it was designed to support this new Jean Was Not Phoenix retcon.

But on the positive side, it's better than the absolutely terrible "Iron Fist was always a Walking Tomato" and "Norman Osborne has been living in France (after having knocked up Gwen Stacy and raised her kids) since ASM 122" bizarro world retcons. foreheadslap.gif

yea all that xfactor/ff [embarrassing lack of self control] was stupid and now post house of M they have rachel running around with the xmen as phoenix to fight thunder.... err some weird mutant out for revenge. sleeping.gif

I am old school.

Jean Grey is Phoenix, she died in Xmen 137 which is what makes that whole read a thing to "marvel" at.

I dont care what happened after the fact in some lesser title that needed a shocking storyline of epic proportions to make a sale. I didnt even buy it, explains why I had no idea what you guys were talking about.

Artboy99

PS..I am still looking for Xmen 94-150 in reader condition. I dont want to buy VF-NM copies. I want to read and abuse them.

I've got many,

But in particular I've got a GS#1 that's complete and fully readable. I'd call it a nice Fair.

PM me a fair offer for that's more than 1/2 guide value and it's yours. I'll send you a scan before taking your money ......If you want it, I'll go searching for whatever you need after that.

the absolutely terrible "Iron Fist was always a Walking Tomato"

saaaaaaaaaaayyyyy...whatnow?

In order to bring back Iron Fist after he was killed, that uber-hack Byrne made it so the Iron Fist that died was a "vegetable imposter" and the *real* Iron Fist was being held by the "tree people" all these long years, in suspended animation.

See what I mean? screwy.gif