• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hollywood Show/Piece of the Past fake autographs = buyer beware

28 posts in this topic

There’s tons of companies who authenticate signatures to a certain good % rate of success - I almost never by non-authenticated signed memorabilia without a verifiable COA from one of the reputable companies. I know some are competitors with CGC so I won’t post their names. But look up authenticated signed sports jerseys and see what companies you see a lot. Or you could PM. But if ever in doubt I wouldn’t risk it for a sig 

Well , tbh its just their opinion , there are collectors out there that have studied the sigs for yrs or decades.....its no guarantee 100% that what you bought is real , at best they look at it for 5 mins. I wont buy from A*OA as the owner is a jerk (nothing to do with authenticity) or G*laxy C*n (they sold dubious Mario Lopez & ST cast and like with POTP its no refund) 

(Madonna sig deemed a fake , quelle surprise.....)

Edited by postersandstuff

On 1/14/2023 at 11:24 PM, postersandstuff said:

Or Galaxy Con (they sold dubious Mario Lopez & ST cast and like with POTP its no refund) 

Can you shed some light on either of these instances? I can't find any information about this online.

I asked because a very trustworthy CGC facilitator works closely with Galaxycon at both their shows and mail-in signings.

And I don't believe they would work with a company who would be in the business of selling fake autographs. (Plus Galaxycon have posted videos of celebrities they have at their shows signing for mail away orders.)

I've used Galaxycon for both CGC signature series books and signed photos with no problems, personally.

90210collect on ebay has several fake Raquels , she sgd a lot tho

(she had a contract with T*dd M*eller who has a dubious rep , he doesnt give refunds and stiffs you)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234675314038?hash=item36a3bd1d76:g:UQEAAOSwj2JjCsML&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsFg2kFZPHFakzEPnJP3H3cHQ94nX%2BZitmem9RMb8KarhzdULMNe7bUqAFbsLrTsmL6bB9SvYsJvWrGoRdayo8Q58beDOy6eDEHykkLgOsuRHgl49JEGDG%2FF8m%2BpB0XcEpkSLFV6Ttd%2Bn%2BG8kK04p8jUBp8vfRDhPGN0Is6PJvnm2Y78y7ZK1tpZXBX2BK5swVxg2Has%2B%2FZ5uzTrSbOR331MAAUEd70A02ETCLm5EIAm1|tkp%3ABk9SR8Sd8vjKYQ

common forgery style of her sig......it lacks the common traits of her sig

Edited by postersandstuff