• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Japanese Games
1 1

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @Gergery

Thank you for reaching out to us! Currently, we have not received any announcements about adding Japanese video games. Although we do not have any additions coming soon, as CGC Video Games grows, addition may come in the future. Following us on social media is a good way to get learn about any new developments and exciting news!

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

https://twitter.com/CGCCards

I just want to add in here as a nudge, Japanese games don't have a lot of support for grading outside of VGA who will grade anything. If CGC can prioritize Famicom / Famicom Disk, there are some amazing first appearances on those platforms that I own and would 100% want to send over to CGC tomorrow.

Hope they can be added soon!

• Administrator

Hello @Barbossal

Thank you for reaching out to us. With Video Game grading being a relatively new service, we do not have any immediate plans to add international releases to the list of games we grade. With that said, I would be happy to share your feedback and suggestions for future development with the grading and management teams!

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 3/7/2023 at 9:42 PM, Barbossal said:

I just want to add in here as a nudge, Japanese games don't have a lot of support for grading outside of VGA who will grade anything. If CGC can prioritize Famicom / Famicom Disk, there are some amazing first appearances on those platforms that I own and would 100% want to send over to CGC tomorrow.

Same! Famicom/Famicom Disk should be one of the first systems they look to expand to. I have some that I'd love to get graded...

On 7/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Same! Famicom/Famicom Disk should be one of the first systems they look to expand to. I have some that I'd love to get graded...

On 3/7/2023 at 9:42 PM, Barbossal said:

I can't wait for one of the major (non VGA) graders to offer Japanese game grading. There have been interest in heritage for graded Japanese games, so I feel like we're not alone. I'd love for it to be CGC to start grading Famicom/FDS. Some of the most important releases in the history of gaming

• Administrator

Hello @Ryan Beyer

CGC Video Games now grades most international games, but not all. For a list of international games that CGC Video Games does grade, go here: https://www.cgcvideogames.com/news-and-events/news/cgc-video-games-now-grading-most-international-releases

if you have any other questions, please let us know.