• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

remaindered copies
2 2

15 posts in this topic

CGC would probably grade them 0.5. I can see their potential as reader's copies.

I picked up one last year just to have an example in my collection. It's a cool reminder of long-past distribution practices.

738968287_LoneRanger31(remaindercopy).thumb.jpg.ca0d8b84e503dbfe50887b04de76699e.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, evilskip said:

Sometimes that is the only way to get an affordable copy of a book you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:19 AM, grendelbo said:

CGC would probably grade them 0.5. I can see their potential as reader's copies.

I picked up one last year just to have an example in my collection. It's a cool reminder of long-past distribution practices.

738968287_LoneRanger31(remaindercopy).thumb.jpg.ca0d8b84e503dbfe50887b04de76699e.jpg

The seller is asking $ 125.00 for both, to much?

Bought a box of remaindered copies from a guy at a flea market back in the early '80s. Think I got the entire box for $20 or $25.

There was an AF15, Hulk1, TOS39 and about 3 dozen early Marvels/late Atlas PHM books.

I read the heck out of them. Sold them all in the late '90s for a small (but nice) profit.

-bc

Are you buying to resell and make a profit or are you a collector and want to read the story?

I have 10 Remainder Copies in my 2000 book collection, it all depends on the book in question as to weather it has any $ value.

I bought them because I am a collector first and needed/wanted to complete runs on a budget, remainder copies are a less expensive alternative on more expensive books, same book, same story just missing the top 1/4 of the cover.

I purchased a Remainder copy of X-Men 2 about 15 years ago for $45.00, current FMV is $200.00.

Amazing-Adult-Fantasy-7-PR-0-5-Remainder

Avengers-7-PR-05-Remainder-Copy.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-66-PR0-5.jpg

Tales-Of-Suspense-17-PR0-5-REMINDER-COPY

X-Men-2-PR-0-5-Remainder-Copy.jpg

IMO, the price of $125.00 for both seems to be inline with current FMV.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?tid=22601073&pgi=51

Many decades ago (about 5 to be precise), I told the guy running one of the local comic shops I frequented that I was interested in "old" comics, by which I meant the first 20-30 issues or so of Marvel Silver Age titles I collected. A short time later, he called me up about a remaindered FF #10 that had come into the shop and I got my mom to drive me down there to take a look.  I believe he wanted $10 for it and I stupidly (in hindsight) declined.  Given the general quality of the "used" books I was buying in those days, it's at least nice to know I had some line below which I wouldn't go.  However, that was the only copy of any early issue of ASM, FF or Avengers I ever saw between 1972 and 1978.