• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman!!
8 8

94 posts in this topic

Both Lynda Cater and Margot Robbie books took an extra month for that hologram. I guess it is what it is.

On 6/13/2024 at 9:22 PM, A-DONIS said:

The delay in getting these books back is ridiculous.

Mine finally moved to quality control/finalised today. I have never seen that status before... hopefully that means it'll be sent any day. But now it feels like they're creating new statuses altogether to explain the delays lol.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:06 PM, boreds said:

Mine finally moved to quality control/finalised today. I have never seen that status before... hopefully that means it'll be sent any day. But now it feels like they're creating new statuses altogether to explain the delays lol.

My book has been in quality control going into the 4th week. Lynda Carter took 5 weeks for this stupid sticker that ISN'T even needed. The books are witnessed signatures so this stupid CA sticker is pointless. But here we all wait on either CGC to stick them on the slab or CA to. 

On 6/14/2024 at 5:06 PM, boreds said:

I don’t even know how your seeing it lol I can’t see mine anymore :( 

Six weeks at Quality Control and counting.......At this rate I doubt I'll do anything related to a sticker authentication from here on out.

On 6/19/2024 at 7:46 PM, A-DONIS said:

Six weeks at Quality Control and counting.......At this rate I doubt I'll do anything related to a sticker authentication from here on out.

That’s everything related to Celebrity Authentics.   

On 6/17/2024 at 11:03 AM, Sammyk0130 said:
On 6/14/2024 at 4:06 PM, boreds said:

I don’t even know how your seeing it lol I can’t see mine anymore :( 

That was a long text to say if you have the submission order number or invoice, you can search using that number under the submissions page to "track older orders! :cheers: @Sammyk0130

Assuming you have your own account? To look up your submissions? You have the invoice number on your form and etc that if you didn't keep up with it, it will be under the submission orders on cgccomics.com homepage :cheers:

And I'm assuming that the reason you can no longer see it on your submission tracking is because it is older that 8 months or however cgc does "too old to display?"

On 5/28/2024 at 12:17 AM, DELTA 62 said:

You do realize CGC did not host this signing

You do realize my post was about the inadequacy of CGC's customer service stance? I thank you for explaining the process to me, that is indeed helpful. If CGC could channel the vibe of thoughtfulness and consideration along the lines of a helpful soul like you, then my interaction with CGC's customer service department from last month would have included a response from CGC's customer service department explaining the process to me. I guess I'm just a dum-dum living in the Rust Belt, missing my badass Uncanny X-Men 251 comic that I bought off the rack in 1989, and yet I seem to possess no trace of the elegance, sophistication, and all-knowing that a collectibles company based in the Sun Belt has.

Edited by Alan Bean

On 6/24/2024 at 4:15 PM, Alan Bean said:

You do realize my post was about the inadequacy of CGC's customer service stance? I thank you for explaining the process to me, that is indeed helpful. If CGC could channel the vibe of thoughtfulness and consideration along the lines of a helpful soul like you, then my interaction with CGC's customer service department from last month would have included a response from CGC's customer service department explaining the process to me. I guess I'm just a dum-dum living in the Rust Belt, missing my badass Uncanny X-Men 251 comic that I bought off the rack in 1989, and yet I seem to possess no trace of the elegance, sophistication, and all-knowing that a collectibles company based in the Sun Belt has.

Look new member, please keep the negative venting out of this thread.

On 6/24/2024 at 2:15 PM, Alan Bean said:

We're all patiently waiting for the same thing.  If you feel like you have a legitimate complaint to make about CGC's customer service, then it might be more beneficial to make that complaint directly to CGC.  

I don't really need a holofoil sticker on my slab, but those are the Celebrity Authentics terms and have to be accepted for this rare Hugh Jackman OP. Any criticism of CGC in this matter is wrongly placed. I am thrilled that they participated in this one given the harder logistics on their end.

Happy to finally see they are shipping my Hugh Jackman books. Not exactly happy with how they kept them through this year and a half process. I know they say grades are never guaranteed but I've never had this happen. All submitted were 9.8s and one 10.0. I'll post the before and afters. 

Before 9.8 After 9.0

Before 10.0 After 9.9

Before 9.8 After 9.4

Before 9.8 After 9.6

Before 9.8 After 9.6

Before 9.8 After 9.6

Before 9.8 After 9.6

Before 9.8 After 9.6

Before 9.8 After 9.6

The 9.0 had a bent corner with color break and the rest didn't have explanations. Again I understand the risk of sending in books without a grade guarantee but I hope you guys have better luck getting yours back. 

Edited by Bryan Swanson
Wasn't finished