• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman!!
7 7

76 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2024 at 10:24 PM, PDidds said:

HA !!

Look at all the POPs in the back ground.  The collectibles market is definitely going to be flooded with "signed" junk from Hugh.

It won't affect the comic book realm.   So collect what you love

On 5/14/2024 at 6:13 AM, Ron C. said:

I am looking forward to getting this one back!

Wolverine Massafera Gonzales combined 98.jpg

NICE !!

Are you having him sign the BACK cover ?

On 5/14/2024 at 7:50 PM, PDidds said:

NICE !!

Are you having him sign the BACK cover ?

Yes. Hopefully right across the chest.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:53 AM, Ron C. said:

Yes. Hopefully right across the chest.

yeah -- I'm excited to see my book.   I asked for "fun" colored pens.  Hugh plus the 50th signing.   

I saw one guy had his cover all taped up with exact little boxes where he wanted people to sign.  Very structured.

My two submits:

Wizard the Comics Magazine #203B

Wolverine Origins #1B

The second one to pair with this one (hopefully it to will be a 9.8).

Wolverine: Origins #1 CGC SS 9.8 Marvel 2006 Variant Signed by Michael Turner

Does anyone know how to look up our hugh jackman submission now that it’s not showing up?? I called Monday and he told me it’s almost to shipping. Just trying to check on it

On 5/18/2024 at 2:48 PM, Sammyk0130 said:

Does anyone know how to look up our hugh jackman submission now that it’s not showing up?? I called Monday and he told me it’s almost to shipping. Just trying to check on it

In the CERT# search enter your submission number if you have it. You can always call customer service to get it if not. 

On 5/18/2024 at 2:48 PM, Sammyk0130 said:

You can't.

Here is my recent (May 21 to 23) email exchange with submissions@cgccomics.com:

Me: "Hello, The status of my comic I sent in over a year ago to get signed by Mr. Jackman is unretrievable. It was submitted over 16 months ago, which I suppose is why I can't query it on your consumer-facing website. Can you help me? This is in regards to Order Confirmation # CGC0000000000."

Customer Service: "Hello, Thank you for contacting us. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your inquiry. I was able to pull up your submission in our system and see that it has officially been signed by Hugh Jackman and is in the process towards completion. We apologize for the delay as we awaited for the signing to take place. You should be receiving shipping information regarding your submission shortly. Please let us know if we can further assist. Best regards"

Me: "Thank you. Can you further describe what you mean by “shortly”? I am not trying to be cheeky, it’s just that I’ve already waited 16 months to learn that it has just been signed."

Customer Service: "Hello, Thank you for your response. Your book has been signed, graded, and encapsulated and is just awaiting for the hologram sticker from Celebrity Authentics. Once we receive these stickers your book will be sent back to you. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Best regards"

So now I have to wait for a special sticker from Mr. Jackman's representative?

I do have more questions ("And where exactly are those stickers? Are they in Florida, or elsewhere?"), but I gave up. I will just wait, I suppose. 

Oh wait, I did receive this email request at 9:01 pm on May 23:

"Hello, We’d love to hear what you think about your recent interaction with our Customer Service team. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

**Note: The agent's reply may be further down in your email Inbox (if messages are sorted from newest to oldest), Please check your inbox and spam folders for a reply before completing this survey.

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Here’s a reminder of what the inquiry was about: Subject – 'My order with CGC regarding Hugh Jackman' with agent So-and-so.."

This is a poorly designed interaction from the corporation. Like, do their people know that such a request appears to originate from the "too soon" bucket of ignorance and that it hearkens to algorithmically-generated probing? Not personal at all. When I reach out to the Customer Service Department, I have a specific query, as do most people I suppose, and by grabbing me by the neck and pulling me in with an algorithmically-generated "how we doin'?" kissy-face gesture, not only do they generalize the particular, which is what good customer service does not do, but they also turn my inquiry about my service that I paid for with my own money, about themselves, about the corporation. That's way too soon. (I have not replied to their probe, and I have no intention of doing so. What a sorry way to interact with customers.)

Edited by Alan Bean

On 5/27/2024 at 5:20 PM, Alan Bean said:

You can't.

Here is my recent (May 21 to 23) email exchange with submissions@cgccomics.com:

Me: "Hello, The status of my comic I sent in over a year ago to get signed by Mr. Jackman is unretrievable. It was submitted over 16 months ago, which I suppose is why I can't query it on your consumer-facing website. Can you help me? This is in regards to Order Confirmation # CGC0000000000."

Customer Service: "Hello, Thank you for contacting us. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your inquiry. I was able to pull up your submission in our system and see that it has officially been signed by Hugh Jackman and is in the process towards completion. We apologize for the delay as we awaited for the signing to take place. You should be receiving shipping information regarding your submission shortly. Please let us know if we can further assist. Best regards"

Me: "Thank you. Can you further describe what you mean by “shortly”? I am not trying to be cheeky, it’s just that I’ve already waited 16 months to learn that it has just been signed."

Customer Service: "Hello, Thank you for your response. Your book has been signed, graded, and encapsulated and is just awaiting for the hologram sticker from Celebrity Authentics. Once we receive these stickers your book will be sent back to you. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Best regards"

I do have more questions ("And where exactly are those stickers? Are they in Florida, or elsewhere?"), but I gave up. I will just wait, I suppose. 

Oh wait, I did receive this email request at 9:01 pm on May 23:

"Hello, We’d love to hear what you think about your recent interaction with our Customer Service team. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

**Note: The agent's reply may be further down in your email Inbox (if messages are sorted from newest to oldest), Please check your inbox and spam folders for a reply before completing this survey.

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Here’s a reminder of what the inquiry was about: Subject – 'My order with CGC regarding Hugh Jackman' with agent So-and-so.."

This is a poorly designed interaction from the corporation. Like, do their people know that such a request appears to originate from the "too soon" bucket of ignorance and that it hearkens to algorithmically-generated probing? Not personal at all. When I reach out to the Customer Service Department, I have a specific query, as do most people I suppose, and by grabbing me by the neck and pulling me in with an algorithmically-generated "how we doin'?" kissy-face gesture, not only do they generalize the particular, which is what good customer service does not do, but they also turn my inquiry about my service that I paid for with my own money, about themselves, about the corporation. That's way too soon. (I have not replied to their probe, and I have no intention of doing so. What a sorry way to interact with customers.)

Bro what are you talking about lol

On 5/27/2024 at 3:20 PM, Alan Bean said:

You do realize CGC did not host this signing - Celebrity Authentics did.  CGC Signature Series was just an option offered in partnership with Celebrity Authentics.  

Below is directly from Celebrity Authentics website (and no - the hologram does not go on the book - it goes on the slab):

The Hologram

ap2.png?v=1613528596

The Hologram is the cornerstone of our authenticity and is much more than just a series of numbers.  Each tamper-proof Hologram provides an identification number that is unique to the specific item it’s affixed to.  This number can then be validated through our online Authentication Database to verify the authenticity of your item, presenting full signing details for your collectible including the date and location it was signed along with photo/s of the Talent singing the item.  This form of Authentication used by Celebrity Authentics is the FBI’s recommended means to properly eliminate fraud. View our Authentication page and Verify your item now!